6.9L in Diesel Power Mag

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Nice write up on the 6.9L in this months Diesel power.

I wish they'd get on the ball and get my subscription to me before I can buy it at the store! Last month I bought one and had it read 3 days before it came in the mail. Now there's two on the coffee table. Can't wait to read that story.

Tom

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Tom, It's worth it to have 2 more. I just read the article , International 6.9 the IDI father of the powerstroke. And It's great with a breakdown of the complete internal components, head design and injection system. The article ends like this, The 10 production engines were built and tested on the dynamometer to verify the quality of the production process. Each engine was subject to 1,000 hours(approx)80,000 miles at FULL load, with no problems occuring.In addition, pre-production engines were placed in customer fleet trucks and subjected to varied to various conditions,drivers,and use.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Got it this morning in the mail box! Everyone here should run, not walk, to you local magazine emporium and pick up a copy. Excellent article on the 6.9. For you E4OD guys, there's a TCI tranny/converter swap in a '95 PS. And for those of us that dabble on the GM side, there's a Part 1 article on the 6.5, fixing it's shortcomings and comparing it to the Duramax. That's what I'm reading right now. It's hard to type and read a magazine at the same time. Best edition this month in a while!:thumbsup:

Tom

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
it was a good right write up i thoughti mean it like idieselman said it really went into depth on the eigine its self not like most mags you see like aww were going to add this charger to this truck and never show you how its done you know so i was impressed

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go pick up a copy today! I have this long standing difference of opinion (he's a really good friend so it doesn't escalate), that the 6.9 was a converted Perkins design.

While I tell him it was a complete IH design that was based on an industrial engine.

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
you know if ford would have waited they would have had a inline six cylinder diesel insted of the v eight that we know and have and love today because before international built the prototype that later became the 6.9 cummins was building a engine for ford but never got the contract

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What issue? Just cause it just turned February, doesn't mean its in the February issue. C'mon guys, lets have the specs. What month and page number?

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha, Finally we know something Mel don't:D .

Diesel power, March 2007 vol 3, no.3. PG 114.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah! No joke, I went to the local megastore into their magazine section and they had the February copy of Diesel Power and there was no 6.9 article to be found in the entire ragsheet.:backoff :backoff :shoot:

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
its in marches copy i have one it has the new 6.4 powerstroke and at the top it says trade you hot rod in for a new one or something like that it has a ford corba on the front with the truck and its probly page 40 if i thinking right that shows the 6.9