6.9 7.3 engines and parts

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Is that measured at the rib or where the o-ring goes? I assume an o-ring goes there. What is the overall length of the tube?

I will pull mine later and see what it is.

SWS

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
hey pops, i might take some injectors, i am just going after the shims, so doesnt matter what they look like. and at 10 cents each.... lol

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
BAHHHHHHHHHHH....wait...I am pulling my dipstick tube today. At LEAST hold one of them. The .03 cents it will get you will be made up by me more than likely.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Are all of the ones you looked at 7/16"? Mine appears to be 3/8".

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I used a caliper. I have to wait to have help (I just had sergury on my shoulder) to pull it out of the block. My wife is home today, but I will do that to be sure...but that is a good idea. I will let you know in a few hours.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I pulled the tube. It is definately 3/8" and the end that goes into the block is thinner than that. I went and bought a length of 3/8" brake line and cut it. I am going to try to get it to fit now...Wish me luck.

And on that note, how much for one of the dipsticks and tubes sent to 64060. In the event I have to pull the pan, I will drill that bad boy for a 7/16" setup and be able to use the good one that everybody and their mom has.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online