6.2/6.5 injectors...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there any definitive answer if the 6.2na vs. the 6.5td injectors are the same or not?......I'm trying to be lazy here and avoid swapping out injectors :D

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
They are different when it comes to pop off pressure, length, and threads. The early 6.2's made in '82 had course threads and all 6.2's and 6.5's after had fine threads. All 6.2's except van models had long injectors, and all 6.5's had short injectors. So if you have a turbo or van model you need the short injectors, if it's N/A in a truck you can run long or short. If you have a Banks or ATS turbo kit on a 6.2 you can run long injectors since that's what the kit was designed for. With all that said I run short 6.2 injectors with a green band on them, I don't know what pop psi that indicates, but they work for me. Bosch injectors with a red/orange band are 6.5 turbo injectors.

What ya working on now?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a 6.5td from "Tiny" at the moment, but I figure that while I am waiting, I am going to shove a 6.2na into the truck. I have a siezed up 6.5td that I am transfering the parts onto the 6.2na and it looks like its a goodwrench 6.2 for what its worth. Injector heights look the same externally, but the internals, I got no idea. I am still waiting on my computer to get rebuilt so I can't post the pics of the "frankenstien" setup I am doing. One thing for sure, the 90 deg bend on the factory turbo outlet is positively ugly. :puke:

Last edited:

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
As long as they fit in the holes and aren't too tall that's all that really matters. The difference in pop pressure isn't that great (200 or so PSI) so I'd say run what ya got.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dieseldummy said:
As long as they fit in the holes and aren't too tall that's all that really matters. The difference in pop pressure isn't that great (200 or so PSI) so I'd say run what ya got.
I tell ya.....that's music to my ears :D
I must have a corner on the 6.2/6.5 frankenstien work these days, I have one more after this one cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online

No members online now.