6.0L EGR Removal MOD

PDPRacing

SCT Custom Tuner
Reaction score
This Mod is a little more difficult from the rest, ( ONLY ON YOUR RACE TRUCK ) but if you do not want to puke, or resolve your puking problems once you add NEW gaskets, or Head Studs etc. Or if you just dont want it PERIOD! Disconnecting the pluf is NOT your answer, all you are doing by disconnecting the plug is keep the valve closed, but the real truth is the EXTREMELY exhaust gasses are still running through your EGR cooler, which is only a metal tube about 1 3/4"'s wide, your coolant also passes by there, thus the effect of the gasses heating you coolant to a FLASH boil point.

So to start this mod, the Turbo MUST be removed. I know you aint'skeeered? :backoff

Behind the turbo hides the "Y" pipe, from there you will see this small metal tube outlet that leads to the EGR cooler, hacksaw the tube right from the connection near the "Y" pipe, weld the shut the "Y" pipe hole shut ( were the tube used to connect ) plug up the end of that tube as exhaust will no longer pass through it, only your coolant, I opted to weld that end shut off also, so I wouldn't have to go back in FOR NOTHING! ;Sweet

Replace the turbo, keep your plug nack into the EGR valve so your PCM "THINKS" it's still working. I also Replaced my Coolant Resv. Cap with a NEW one as my truck is an early '03 and they had a recall on the Top, either way, it was only $7.00.

No more worries now, for those who are awaiting to add head studs and gaskets to your engines, I would wait to this mod once the engine is out, so it is more comfortable and only logical! :Thumbs Up

Any Extra points, or questions you all might have, please PM me at ANYTIME!
I'm glad to hear from you guys. We want more 6.0's out there in the 13 & 12 sec club and still drive there family around in them! :peelout

Enjoy!

-PDP-
Pure Diesel Performance