6.0 powerstoke

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2006 F350 6.0 at,cc,lb,4x4. I would like to run it on blended veggie. Could anyone direct me to a some good info/do's and don't s in regards to the truck not the prossessing?

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help you a lot, while there are some on the board that burn veggie, most of us that lurk and frequent this particular section predominately burn WMO. Maybe the lurkers here that burn SVO/WVO can help, I don't know who they are though.

I'm going to recommend a FPHE and a second tank if your truck doesn't already have two.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 wouldn't be my first choice for that having seen what the inside of fuel system components look like on that engine...

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would concur with everyone else about not burning wmo.
If you can find it in your area, try burning a "store" bought blend of diesel fuel with a B10 or B20.
Watch how the engine reacts to it. Then maybe try finding some blends that are more like a B50???
Don't know much about the 6.0 but I know it has some issues, but if fixed correctly think they run ok.
Problem with dumping some veg oil in the tank and filling it with diesel, it might not stay mixed, then you'd have a 100% veggie oil going through.:dunno
Not that we don't want you here, but try find a board like this, but mainly devoted to bio-diesel or veggie oil stuff, and then read, read like the wind.:D
If you do run some through this 6.0, lets us know how it acts or whatever happens.
Always like to hear about people trying new stuff.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad, I had a 97 powerstroke that I ran on veggie. Had 2 tanks on it, one with fuel and the other with veggie. I have the veggie filtering system already set up in the garage. Ran the truck stock just would switch to the fuel tank a few minutes before shut down. I have gone on some other sites to research! Most of them are pertaining to the kit that they sell. Im looking for DIY type info. oh and as far as just dumping some veggie in the take. I've learned my leason on that with the 87 IDI that I started out with. Thank you, Mike

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
All in all, the injection systems between a 7.3 psd and 6oh are way different animals.
Far as engine wise, not sure what all you need.
But damn sure need to fuge it good. Even then, I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol. I mean if you setup to make your own biodiesel, I would do that.
But not just normal filtered waste oil.
It's looking like luck is on your side. People do run it though. Most recommend a 2 tank system. (Like mentioned above.) Factory tank for diesel, and second tank for the WVO.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ran the veggie in the 97 I would mix 10 gallons of oil with half a gallon of kerosene. Thins it out quite a bit! I think I found a place to get biodiesel. I'll check it out in the morning.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in with the same, the injectors on a 7.3 can pass rocks compared to the injectors in a 6.0. There is quite a bit more precision and smaller tolerances in the overall design of the 6.0 so if you do happen to decide to run WVO or WMO in it, make sure it is really well made otherwise the damage could quickly eat up any savings found with the alternative fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online