5 injector caps just started leaking at the same time

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before winter, I had 1 leak coming from the bottom of a cap, I figured o rings. Didnt run it for a few months due to glow plug issues and when I started it up finally, 5 more injector caps are leaking. The new 5 are leaking out the tops of the caps rather than the bottom. Could this still be from o rings?

Im also worried that theres something else wrong, because 5 started leaking at the same time. Like maybe my return line is clogged somehow.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes yes it is and Mel at Conestogadiesel.com or Russ also known as Typ4 here can help you out with a quality return line kit to fix it all up, btw, get olives too.!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its o rings for sure and Al above has the correct members to see about a kit. Buying from the cheapest ebay seller will get you some crap not worthy of throwing away. But money talks. Please read the Hall of Shame to know what sellers to avoid.

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good. Ive read up on Mel and Russ and their products. Would you guys worry about anything else because of 5 of them going at once? Im hoping they just dried out from not getting used.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when mine leak they always leak up past the fuel line..nwver out the bottom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt while you are re-doing them, to shoot some compressed air into the return line going back to the selector valve. Make sure you switch tanks and do it twice.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt while you are re-doing them, to shoot some compressed air into the return line going back to the selector valve. Make sure you switch tanks and do it twice.

With the filler caps off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online