4wd front wheel bearing

Nick88745

Reaction score
not this spring.........
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

jay_t

Reaction score
I went to all the parts shops in my town. They all showed me a socket, which the packaging stating Dana 50. Not so, I bought one, too small. The only part shop in my town that had BOTH sizes for a Dana 50 was CarQuest.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a FYI, I had a similar problem finding a "axle socket", when I looked at my door jamb sticker I had a 8800lb gvw.
That made a difference even with the F250's. Just a FYI.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the sticker on a dana 44 hd ttb says something like 3850lbs for the front axle weight rating, that would take the smaller tool. I think the dana 50 ttb says 4400lbs front axle weight rating.

Autozone lists the smaller socket, part number 27076 for $14.99. But it's not listed as a store stocked item, they would have to order it. They also list a 6 prong socket part number 27046 for $20.99 and they do stock that one at the store.

Nick88745

Reaction score
Thanks

I am guessing I need the larger 4 prong because it is a dually.

Anyone got anything on this pictures of posted of the spring?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I am guessing I need the larger 4 prong because it is a dually.

Anyone got anything on this pictures of posted of the spring?
The socket I provided pic and number of is the correct one!

Your pictures are NOT coming through for all to see, you could try loading to a photobucket account and then copy the IMG tag to the thread.

In post 13 there is an image depicting a lock out hub, with the spring shown is this the one you are referring to?

If there is a spring and you have not got to the nuts holding the hub onto the spindle, then it's most likely in the lockout hub. As mentioned a new WARN hub would be good.

Also please fill in your signature with all your information year, model, trans, axles, etc. This helps us help you, saying it was a dually late in the thread is missing key info that should have been said in the first post.

Regardless we know we are working on a D60 now for sure, so lets move forward.

Good luck getting a socket try ebay if needed.

Al

Nick88745

Reaction score
Thank you for that link. Ordered manuals for my truck and the correct socket. I tried a few things, and still cannot get my pictures from my iphone to work. The spring I was talking about was the one shown in the above write up that he is holding in his hand in his first post for the write up. Mine is only bent, I am pretty sure I can get it to work when I put it back together. Now that I think about it I was probably originally too concerned about this spring.

Thank you for all the help so far

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle