4wd DNE2 Project

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure you even need an extra crossmember, just something to help support it some. I had a spring setup but it wasn't well engineered. Right now it's got a couple of 1" ratchet straps supporting the DNE box. I also replaced the t-case to trans bolts with studs but one of these days I need to actually pull it out and helicoil the stripped holes.

I am not sure what actually caused the failure - IIRC some of the bolt holes in the t-case were partially stripped before, so that didn't help, and I think the output yoke nut loosening up probably caused vibration that would have stressed the bolts as well.

I didn't worry about the t-case output seal. DNE2 has one on the input and I just put a bunch of rtv on the flange when I put it together. No leaks or issues so far.

The adapter itself has help up well.

I'm running a Isspro speedo that runs off the rear axle speed sensor (later 10.25 axle) so the stock speed sensor isn't a problem. Not sure what the best way would be to run a stock speedo. The DNE has a speedo drive but I don't know what the ratio is or what would be required to adapt it to the Ford cable. I suspect it wouldn't be too hard but would probably require a custom cable/adapter.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra info. I may end up copying your idea for my build instead of trying to set it up as a divorced unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7