44 SAS

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever put a Dana 44HD out of a 78-79 f250 in an 80-96 truck?? Thinking about this for my truck, wanting to make it a little more off road friendly without having to shell out the cash for a 60 frt.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not unless you can figure out how to mount a spring perch halfway on the cast pumpkin and on the axle tube for the drivers side

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know several people that have done it. You need at least a 4 inch lift or the pumpkin will hit the crossmember.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, will have to find a 60 I guess. Not looking to lift that much.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are like gold. I've been keeping my eyes out for a rusted F350 4x4 and had 0 luck without big dollars.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
OP is down by St. Louis. The truck is in Door County. I would guess 8 to 9 hours drive.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck had a d44 when i frist bought heres some pics of how it was done

You must be registered for see images attach

they added the gusseit and bolted the track bar to it

and heres the track bar the the frame

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not unless you can figure out how to mount a spring perch halfway on the cast pumpkin and on the axle tube for the drivers side

I know several people that have done it. You need at least a 4 inch lift or the pumpkin will hit the crossmember.

Yeah I had axle spring perches all welded up for the 36 1/2inch spacing for my 96 then I realized It wasnt going to work with my plow mount.-cuss Ended up having to go 37 1/2 to clear it. And as far as the crossmember goes, it just needed a little clearancing with the torch. no biggie

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP is down by St. Louis. The truck is in Door County. I would guess 8 to 9 hours drive.

7 hrs from here to milwaukee. Probably cost $200 bucks or better to bring that home. Probably more- never pulled a trailer far enough with my truck to know mileage- I'd guess 10 so that makes it more than 200 bucks to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online