4 speed troubles

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I separated the trans and t-case and when I did the shaft coming out of the back of the transmission slid out about an inch. Now I can't shift it or get it back in all the way. What am I doing wrong

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's should not have done that. There is some amiss in that T19. Not had one apart, but my fear is a snap ring is broken/missing that holds the shaft in the bearing/trans housing allowing it to move. Now the gears are off their normal location and can't move on the shaft........ can't shift anymore.

Will see if I can find some diagrams or rebuild info on the T19 for ya. Post back when/if I find that stuff.

Heath

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya looking at that there appears to be a snap ring missing. However I don't have the t-19 I'm using a t-18 but it still should be the same I assume. Looks like I'm going to have to pull it apart anyway to get it back in all the way

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main difference is 1st is not synchronized on the T18. That's about it.

Heath

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Well the clip is there. I pulled the top cover and found that 2 gears seperated. aligned them up and slid them together. Works again. I'd post pictures of what came apart but I haven't figured that out yet.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd post pictures of what came apart but I haven't figured that out yet.

:D:rotflmao:D

Glad you got it back in the correct spot and shifting again. Once you find the cause, please post back. I'm curious now.LOL

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online