2wd Dually lift kits?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All post the number in the morning but call national spring in el cajon ca. He can make you custom 2in Idi coils for about 500 I believe an get the Fabtech 4 degree camber joints I paid 60 at 4 wheel direct in town. That will lift you with no cutting or welding, bucket dropping. I agree a 2wd dually lifted a lil has a nice stance. I want to lift mine 3in an put 285 on it I think it would look great.

Thanks for the info! It's interesting, but bending the ibeams is surely something i'm staying away from. I can imagine f'ing it up.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldnt have to bend them there's enough camber in those 4degree ones to correct just adding the two 2in. coil. In the front you can have custom coils built to exact spec of old ones just 2 in taller. That fit the stock bucket in the stock location without any modification. So only changing coils an a 4degree Fabtech cam set also sold at autozone different brand. No cutting bending heating welding.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with the twin I-beam front end. Asking for massive tire wear. These trucks were designed to ride a certain way. You start changing things and camber goes out of wack, end up with front tires wearing real funny and possibly sketchy front end.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires wear like **** anyways. but i get what you're saying. Which reminds me, when i get the truck back, I need to take some pictures. Some things seem fishy with the i beams.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm talking about constantly riding positive camber and changes the ride/steering. Baja fords are fun :)

My tires wear like **** anyways. but i get what you're saying. Which reminds me, when i get the truck back, I need to take some pictures. Some things seem fishy with the i beams.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand it's on rear adds an new coils so no it wouldn't. That's the same as having custom coils made for your truck in 2in raise call coil places they build to your stock spec plus or minus stiffness lower or taller. An then buy new cams. An rear leaf. Honestly it's gonna make it set stock just taller buy doin the back I bet you have coil sag already so 2in in the front will level you out nice.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't really understand your first sentence, but 2" just wouldn't be worth my time. 4-6 is the stance that i'm looking to get. And seeing as that superlift kit has new, longer radius arms and necessary drop brackets, it seems like it would allow much more stock geometry of the suspension..If it works for 2wd gas 350s of my year, why not my diesel? :(

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought u meant 2in. All that kit has is coils. The coils in the 4-6 kit are not enough coil. The rest of the kit will work if the 351 beams are the same as 460 beams which are 7.3 beams. Now the 6.9 beams in the older truck are alot smaller an skinnier. Which have alot smaller radius arms. What exactly are you looking for I can post links of stuff that will work.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also doing drop brakets so they wont rip out a section of frame. Welding an rivet are a big bonus in the installation of the drop brakets. I can give you my friends offroad shops number that's what he does. He actually builds new beams he doesn't like any drop bracket bending of beams nothing. He also owns an knows old fords very well. He will go out of his way to give ideas or help anyway he can. New buckets radius arms I beams an brakets. I am building new beams for my truck that will widen the front end about 6in or more an lift it 5.5in exactly.

Last edited:

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get 4-6" of suspension lift out of it. But without doing it the cheapest way possible. One of the things I learned from lifting my jeeps in the past, is cheaper is almost never better. Like in the jeep world, you COULD get away with 4" on my grand cherokee and not use new control arms, but it was the dumbest thing id done. I swore i'd never lift another one without going long arms...but then i came to the diesel pickup world lol. I'd like to keep the suspension geometry as close to stock as possible, and with my limited understanding of suspension, but some experience, i have been leaning towards looking for radius arm upgrades (longer, adjustable etc). Such as the superlift, older fabtech kit, etc. Even if I had to piece it together from all different sources, i'd be game.

it seems the dually also spins it a bit and makes things complicated. From what i learned from a member here, the older fabtech kit won't work without aftermarket rims with a different backspacing.

The lift project may be a long way in the making, but it'll be sweet when it's done. And appreciate all the info you gave, and will provide as it goes along

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as far as kits my friend at solid rock auto makes a drop down braket kit for out trucks. Also he can build you new arms an beams. You can spend around 2-3 grand to do it from scratch an perfect. 619-334-3774 names Shaun. His web site is solid rock auto. I also have a friend with a buggy shop who could do it as well. An I know an old Ob member he says who owns a fab shop in town ex military an he makes some killer stuff. He has an obs 12v. An would know what you would need to do.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first f350 car carrier had a lift done on it.previous owner used f150/bronco lift kit.truck was a 460, f orgot what springs were used or if spacers were used.people used to swear it was a f450 not a 350.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all figured out *thumbs up*. Not gonna be as hard as everyone makes it out to be after all. Thanks Devon for leading me in the right direction. I'll start to piece it together and eventually get it stuffed under there. Just made some VERY expensive purchases on the truck this month, and just got it started the first time last night so i'm holding out for a bit before I tear it apart again. 6" lifted crew cab dually, here i come though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online