2wd Dually lift kits?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I know, "why would you want to lift a 2wd dually?" because I do.

With the truck just sitting in my yard staring at me everyday waiting for it's engine, i'm getting antsy. I tried google, and I tried searching the forums but not seeing anything (unless i'm missing it). Does anyone or has anyone ever made a kit? I guess I can just block the rear, but what about the front?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I'll be half of a devil's advocate and say... why not just make it a 4wd? :sly That will raise up the front end, and you can put a 2-3" block in the back to level it completely out. 4wd lifts are easy to do. 2wd's are hard to even find...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah your going the wrong way! you don't lift duallies,you slam 'em! :D

You must be registered for see images attach

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a body lift. More room for your downpipe if/when you decide to add a turbo :peelout

Just my .02 worth

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wait we're currently debating on whether to lift a 2x4 or lower a 4x4? No comment...

On the useful info side, I've never seen a lift kit for that generation 2x either - I'm sure you could fabricate the front lift, but it would probably be easier and more useful in the long run to bolt a 4x4 front end under it - you'll get your lift and have the option to expand later. They never made a 4x4 dually through your body style nor the bricknose, so you do get the added awesome factor if yours inadvertantly ends up a 4x4.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
So wait we're currently debating on whether to lift a 2x4 or lower a 4x4? No comment...

On the useful info side, I've never seen a lift kit for that generation 2x either - I'm sure you could fabricate the front lift, but it would probably be easier and more useful in the long run to bolt a 4x4 front end under it - you'll get your lift and have the option to expand later. They never made a 4x4 dually through your body style nor the bricknose, so you do get the added awesome factor if yours inadvertantly ends up a 4x4.

I'd say it was more a debate to slam a dually or lift it. The 4x4 was just a suggestion to make it bad-a$$ and a more viable option to lift it.

I happen to have a spare set of dually adapters for a Dana 60 to make such a thing possible... :D

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I'd say it was more a debate to slam a dually or lift it. The 4x4 was just a suggestion to make it bad-a$$ and a more viable option to lift it.

I happen to have a spare set of dually adapters for a Dana 60 to make such a thing possible... :D

You really dont need those...you should sell them to me..

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I make a custom drop down braket kit for your truck. It's fair price. You can also extend your radious arms back move the bracket back. Then make new coil bucket cake walk. Use 2000 psd coils or have a set made runs about 500. then your I beams you can heat an bend them 1 degree for every in. I would personally recommend that you do not exceed 3.5 degrees I have done so an it's nice but hard to align. I went with 6in. I am gonna build a custom set of I beams soon to extend an widen the front end about 6-12in or a pigeon stance. Honestly I beams ride great when lifted the right way an are fun off road or at least on gravel an sand. Jm2c

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
step 1, drop your spring buckets 2" --- you will have to cut the rivets out and then drill new holes in spring bucket.
step 2, install 2.5 degree camber bushings --- these will go where the upper ball joint is
step 3, install 2" lift blocks in rear --- between spring and axle
step 4, take to alignment shop and have alignment done --- enjoy your truck 2" higher.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have seen a lifted 4x2. Had 3" looked nice

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were companies who made lifts for 2wd in my generation, but dually seems to add a spin to it that no one has touched. I suppose if I still lived next to clayton, from clayton offroad, he could fab me something. But i'm quite a distance away now lol. Welding is outside of my expertise, so i think i'm SOL.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
convert to 4wd. the end result is better. Fabtech is one company that made a 2wd lift for these trucks. still have it. Won't fit the duallys. I tried. **** rubs!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have not seen 2wd kits listed for use with diesels for our generation trucks let alone a dually 2wd lift. My first thought was to lower the spring buckets, already mentioned. Good luck, I think your rig iwll have its own cool factor, not too many 2wd duallys running around with lift.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All post the number in the morning but call national spring in el cajon ca. He can make you custom 2in Idi coils for about 500 I believe an get the Fabtech 4 degree camber joints I paid 60 at 4 wheel direct in town. That will lift you with no cutting or welding, bucket dropping. I agree a 2wd dually lifted a lil has a nice stance. I want to lift mine 3in an put 285 on it I think it would look great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online