2017 Oilburners Rally... Louisville or Nashville... VOTE NOW!!!

Where do you want to be for the 2017 OB Rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
hay Darrin if we go to the go cart track we will have to have a rematch from the Indiana rally. no one won the race due to ''rigged'' carts but it was still fun. oh and don't get me started on the slick track, im not sure we would be welcomed back there :D

I like your thinking! I am IN!! Slick Track was my fav,..

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I like your thinking! I am IN!! Slick Track was my fav,..
I think I would still be willing to make a road trip to TN even if we are going to KY.

Oops I somehow quoted Darrin post instead of Mike's. Anyway yea go carts rule lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The louiville was a GREAT rally in 2009. I was lucky enough to be an attendee.... If you went and did not have fun.. you did something wrong... When we toured the caverns EVERYBODY knew when Mel asked a question. His distinctive voice echoed in the caves. I had a family behind me with a bored to death young boy who kept asking when it was going to be over. He was a pain in the ass to me.. His mother but not hid Dad.. He zoned him out. There was a tight area on the tour when some moisture had dropped out of the sir from pressure differentials. I saw it an mentioned loud enough for pain in the ass to hear it. Sure nuff.. He stuck his fingers in to to "feel it"... That's when I said... "I wonder if that's where somebody peed".. The look on his face was priceless..." MOM... I touched it.. What do I do now... WIPE IT OFF MY HAND NOW"...... He was smelling it and shaking his hand everywhere. Score one for this old boy.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I remember that kid, and that quote! He later rode with Suzi and I in our canoe on the river trip because his parents weren't any good at it, and to quote him "He wanted to ride with the people who weren't going to die." LOL We still use that on tubing or raft trips!

OK on Louisville!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's looking like KY will be the spot. But, voting is open until Monday.

We'll be calling places for prices and the like for activities and will put up the official rally thread after we hash out some of those details. It's gonna be a great time.

Heath

Leroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I VOTED Nashville ! !

wahts south a Lousiville anyway .. nothing .. xcept till ^^ bowling green ..

then you might as well keep going South all the way to NASHVILLE ! :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I voted KY as well but thinking the time frame may be an issue for us. But will see how things pan out. A lot of changes coming in my dept this next year. Some good, some unknown. Either way, I'm looking forward to hanging out with you weirdos again. :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voting is over and we're heading to Kentucky for 2017! If you were hoping for Nashville, sorry, but we may be able to go to TN the next time Missy and I host.

I will get all the final details from the campground and talk with folks at places we'd like to go. I'll post up the official rally thread and you can start making your reservations and plans for next summer.

Thanks again for letting Missy and I be your wagon masters for 2017!

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have made the arrangements with the campground. Still trying to get some more group activity info before I post the official thread.

What I do know now is.... The campground will start taking reservations under the OB group at the end of December. They will hold the sites and cabins for us until April 1st. I have reserved all (yes all) the full hook up sites and cabins. Once they start taking reservations, call early. Once the full hoop ups are gone, there will only be water/electric sites. Don't wait too long. LOL.

Also, the Ford Truck Plant (makes the SuperDuty trucks) has not allowed tours since 9/11/01. So, the last Rally to tour there (summer of 2001) made it before the change. Sorry guys, I was hoping to see them make the next gen SD's.

Will post more soon.

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I feel real lucky to have gotten that plant tour then.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted the official rally thread yet. But, there is good reason. The campground owners don't want deposits for camp sites on their books until after the new year for some reason and requested I hold off on getting folks to make reservations until after January 1st.

So after the new year, I'll have the post up and you all can start calling for a site.

Have a great Christmas!

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is in Louisville. Voting ended a while ago. Results are at the top of the thread.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Heath

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such a shame. I live less than 10 minutes from that camp ground in Nashville and would have been loving that. Now I gotta drive three hours......oh well maybe next year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk