2017 Oilburners Rally... Louisville or Nashville... VOTE NOW!!!

Where do you want to be for the 2017 OB Rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2001 Ford-Diesel rally was in Louisville, and we had a good time there. The highlight was the Ford truck plant tour. However, I've only been through Nashville. Never in it, so I voted to rally there. Honestly though, I'll attend either one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The louiville was a GREAT rally in 2009. I was lucky enough to be an attendee.... If you went and did not have fun.. you did something wrong... When we toured the caverns EVERYBODY knew when Mel asked a question. His distinctive voice echoed in the caves. I had a family behind me with a bored to death young boy who kept asking when it was going to be over. He was a pain in the ass to me.. His mother but not hid Dad.. He zoned him out. There was a tight area on the tour when some moisture had dropped out of the sir from pressure differentials. I saw it an mentioned loud enough for pain in the ass to hear it. Sure nuff.. He stuck his fingers in to to "feel it"... That's when I said... "I wonder if that's where somebody peed".. The look on his face was priceless..." MOM... I touched it.. What do I do now... WIPE IT OFF MY HAND NOW"...... He was smelling it and shaking his hand everywhere. Score one for this old boy.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That's hilarious Gary. We stayed backed that day as Karen is a bit colostrphobic. LOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I voted Nashville just cuz it sounded cool. But we're going to either place, looking forward to it!

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would vote Kentucky.
Try to make it this time. Of course will be in the TDI, unless I get another truck between now and then. (Which could happen. I'll be keeping the psd, but with the baby I need something with more room)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
79jasper,

How about a NICE F350 crew-cab?? OR even a 6-door rig?? - PM me if you need help. I know where several are around The Alamo City,
(It would be easier to replace my 1986 Lariat if I wanted either a 4x4 or a crew-cab. - I'm seeking a F250 Super-cab with ZF & LOW original miles.)

yours, satx

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mine will be something that drops into my lap. I haven't paid over 1800 for a running driving vehicle. Lol no big hurry either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well i talked with the boss and we pulled the trigger on Louisville, the three hour shorter drive and significant cost saving look nice to us. of course i would love to visit Nashville to if that wins out. the PA rally was the first rally we tested the waters with by staying a couple of days with "those crazy internet friends". thats what set the hook and the last KY rally was when our family really stepped into this. first time i had ever taken the truck and family to anywhere more than a couple of hours away. now i look forward to seeing different parts of the US. looking forward to next year already, either place is good to hang back and enjoy family and friends.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted Louisville also. Several reasons....

1. Been to both, so jut a revisit rather a new adventure (however the last time I was in Nashville, I went to Opryland....... LOL)

2. Cost and distance. Louiville is cheaper, and depending on timing, we may need to "motel it"....... plus, depending on #3... it's a couple hours down 65 from Indy, vs 8+ down 75 to Nashville......

3. Vacation..... being the timing is NOT the week of the 4th, i might have a snowballs chance of getting some time off. Our vacation bid is done by seniority, and I don't have enough seniority (19 years isn't enough) to get the week of the 4th off. Christmas and the week of the 4th are the first 2 weeks to "close" for bids because the high seniority people bid them first. I need almost 30 years to get either one of those off....

Would just like a chance to see everyone again....... there are some that we haven't visited with in a few years......

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Were in for Louisville, Thanks Heath for all the work for putting this together!

Like others,.. KY had me at Go Carts, Bourbon, 3 hours closer and cheaper,.. all winning to me!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hay Darrin if we go to the go cart track we will have to have a rematch from the Indiana rally. no one won the race due to ''rigged'' carts but it was still fun. oh and don't get me started on the slick track, im not sure we would be welcomed back there :D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as an aside Nashville does put on an amazing fireworks show over the river....

Not that I'm campaigning or anything. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88