2016 MOB Oilburners IDI rally.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 more weeks.......

Time to get your PRTJ on sucker!!!

Mine revolves around the engine harness. Just swapped it out. Need new tires for the rig. Alternator may be in the works too. Already have the 38 gallon rear tank swap done. Time for some shakedown seat time.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
6 more weeks.......

Time to get your PRTJ on sucker!!!

Mine revolves around the engine harness. Just swapped it out. Need new tires for the rig. Alternator may be in the works too. Already have the 38 gallon rear tank swap done. Time for some shakedown seat time.

Heath
I have a 3.5" RSK on the way to facilitate a new set of 35's. Tires and rear brakes are tops on my list. The rest of the truck should be good for the trip.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

pafixitman

Reaction score
I need to get a move on fixing the pop up. Most parts are here. Plan to tear into it Sunday. Also need to source a tow vehicle! :dunno Not sure Enterprise will guarantee a truck has a hitch. May show up in a 12 pass. van. (Local Lincoln store will guarantee a hitch on that, just don't offer trucks)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
She just needs a fresh set of unit bearings and is ready to roll. Gonna avoid the prtj's this year. ;Really

You must be registered for see images attach

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I need to get a move on fixing the pop up. Most parts are here. Plan to tear into it Sunday. Also need to source a tow vehicle! :dunno Not sure Enterprise will guarantee a truck has a hitch. May show up in a 12 pass. van. (Local Lincoln store will guarantee a hitch on that, just don't offer trucks)
Where are you at Joe, maybe I could give your camper a tug out if it is not to far.

I think I am going to avoid the jitters. I am just going to try to let my truck alone.....well I could use a working ac system. ....and overdrive. ....and bigger injection pump......

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score

Starting to get a gut feeling I better look over the "other" idi....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
That looked like my truck a couple weeks ago lol it took a lot of time and a few days off work to get her together enough to go again.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes but there is a lot more custom stuff I need to do. Plumb air system, mount compressor, make battery trays and run new cable, get front clip back on, finish interior, install trans once it gets rebuilt, get tcase in, build rear driveshaft. That's the simple list.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Starting to get a gut feeling I better look over the "other" idi....

nice sideways picture. ;Poke

the bolt together stuff goes quick its the custom stuff that takes a while, especially when you got to keep looking at it to make sure its perfect.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Where are you at Joe, maybe I could give your camper a tug out if it is not to far.

I think I am going to avoid the jitters. I am just going to try to let my truck alone.....well I could use a working ac system. ....and overdrive. ....and bigger injection pump......

I am in Westminster, MD now - just south of Hanover / Gettysburg. I have the Grand Cherokee but it has 185K on it, marks it's territory (rear main seal I think) and the AC drain is clogged. I just don't have the time to drop the dash and being a black on black vehicle... I appreciate the offer and will keep it as a very last resort. The plan was to trade my Jeep and her Jeep on a truck. She sold hers to pay off credit card debt and due to the upcoming wedding, I do not want another car note. $300 - $500 one time to rent something is much different than every month. Not to mention I am changing jobs. Tomorrow is my last day in Annapolis. (Much more $$ and I took 56 miles off my round trip commute).

I plan to talk to Enterprise in person. From looking at the lot as I pass them, the trucks are hit and miss with hitches. The SUVs (Tahoe, Suburban) seem to have them but Chevy installs the same cover regardless of tow package or no package so I am not 100% sure. I plan to tell them I need the hitch for a bike carrier! Cooper Motors in Hanover will guarantee a hitch on a 12 or 15 person Transit / E-Series van. Not a cool ride, but it has an oval on the grill!

Oh and just to let people know...I think Doug Benson will be showing up also...

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just wondering is anyone going to the rally that is in my area or will be driving on the same roads? I know most people are on the opposite side of PA from me.
Are you taking 84 to 87 to 78?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jared.... you ever run from Columbus to Cincinnati? How are the hills? Still looking at running up to Indy before heading east on 70 through OH to PA. Just wondering if that would be a bit shorter if the hills on 71 are better in OH than they are in KY. I can stomach 71 (pretty much just one big hill after another) from Louisville to Cincinnati, but I don't want three hours of non-stop steep grades and rolling gears the whole time.

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hesutton I didn't know there were hills in OH. LOL

My perception is a little skewed though, I grew up in the mountains you are trying to avoid going through in WV.