2014 Rally plans and ideas to kick around and talk about

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
This thread is kind of like the chalk board to put ideas on and see what kind of interest the members have in them. When an idea has substantial merit, i will transfer it to the official rally page "RALLY PLANS" section. When an idea then gets finalized it will make the "SCHEDULE OF EVENTS" section of the rally page. It is very possible for an idea to have substantial merit and then get crossed off the list later on. It is very early thus far so lets kick some ideas around and see what happens. I will give a brief description and maybe post some of my concerns to discuss.

Canoeing- We have some beautiful networks of streams in the pine barrens of NJ. I would love to show off some of the preserved land that NJ has to offer, we are not all city and toxic dump sites.LOL This could pose an issue for families with very small children and would be very weather dependent.

Guided 4x4 tour- My brother is an avid 4 wheeler and possibly could be an off road tour guide for some 4 wheeling fun. He frequents a pit that has great hill climbing obstacles, mud if you want but you can go and do something similar to rock climbing, traction, suspension flex and lockers will be tested. It would be really cool to video it and watch it at the evening campfire.:sly Downside: about a 40 minute ride to get close to the pit location, would be best to trailer close then off load and go. Insurance and registration would be highly recommended but my brother runs without a NJ inspection sticker on his dedicated off road rig.

Lighthouse tour- there are many lighthouses in our maritime area. This would be a great time and provide some good educational merit for kids and their parents.

Girls day out- The oilburner's wives spoke up and I am listening. They want something to do guys. I am thinking a vineyard tour and wine tasting or possibly a spa day.

Feel free to add to the thread. I definitely want a wide variety of things to do. Some just may not be up for a day at a very large amusement park so we can have something else lined up.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bout helping guide me to do a Canadian West Coast Ralley?

LOL No idea what to do but wow..locally we have some nice sites to see...good things to do and wine to taste along with breweries to visit too.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Reserve a cabin, buy some tickets, hop on the big bird, rent a car, have a great time and meet some great people. It's that easy, Al.;Really;Poke

Seriously though, Jason and I both have been to rallies without having an idi to represent. I have a feeling Jason will agree, the dissatisfaction of not having an oilburner is quickly forgotten once you get into the rest of the event. The friendships you generate will be worth while.

Out of curiosity, how many oilburner members are within driving distance of you, Al? Even a small group of members would make a West Canada get together very rewarding for you.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reserve a cabin, buy some tickets, hop on the big bird, rent a car, have a great time and meet some great people. It's that easy, Al.;Really;Poke

Seriously though, Jason and I both have been to rallies without having an idi to represent. I have a feeling Jason will agree, the dissatisfaction of not having an oilburner is quickly forgotten once you get into the rest of the event. The friendships you generate will be worth while.

Out of curiosity, how many oilburner members are within driving distance of you, Al? Even a small group of members would make a West Canada get together very rewarding for you.

here where I live me bigredcrew, and Kaleb then Kevin007, Gdhillion, and som AB members too, I imagine Russ may show up, and maybe some from the lowermainalnd can30diesel and a few others ...lots of fun to be had.

K for a while untill some issuez change, I cannot cross the border, I wont get into details, it has nothing to do with illegal activities, just a stupid glitch in a gov't system that needs fixing.

so its a canadian ralley...or none at all

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Sounds like a rally waiting to happen, Al. Nothing wrong with a Canadian get together. It sounds like you could line up some great things to do. Heck, I'd love to just explore some back woods fire roads and natures scenery.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for canoeing, tubing, rafting, ocean going boat rides, perhaps the ferry to Delaware, and maybe something at Dover Downs? Just cause your in New Jersey, doesn't mean the rally has to stay there. We've done hour long trips on other rallies, no problem. Don't forget trains! We need a railroad museum or a train ride! LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sadly we will not be able to attend this coming year. Jill will be starting a new job (hopefully - she still doesn't have her testing date from the State of Indiana Medical Board - they are dragging their feet on setting up a testing date - been paid but haven't heard anything other than "we got your payment"...) so that means we are still in limbo on vacation time. Maybe things will change but our plans at this point for this next years vacation is to stay close to home as in something that we can drive within a few hours (like 4) so that if needed we can just steal away for a weekend or something short like that.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Trav, best wishes to you and Jill, I certainly understand the priorities that can come in between a vacation. I will still be looking forward to the E3 transformation if it takes place.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Last edited:

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
How about a day at the Jersey Shore. I know my gf would love a day at the beech. And the "girl's day out" is a great idea!!!
John

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any plans to do a dyno day or anything like that? It's close enough to me this year, I'm thinking about popping up for a day or two if I have the truck ready. Probably can't do a week.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Are there any plans to do a dyno day or anything like that? It's close enough to me this year, I'm thinking about popping up for a day or two if I have the truck ready. Probably can't do a week.

I am planning on a day at a local 1/4 mile track. We have done or had plans to do a dyno day 3 years running so I thought a drag day would be a good change up. If there are enough people coming to warrant interest in a dyno day, I would certainly look into having it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online