2009 Rally Dyno Results:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Thats good to hear,..How can you tell, Less smoke? More power? Less oil consumption?

You might need to make another trip hu,..?

yep, yep, and yep ;Sweet

as far as another trip goes...... i'm thinking, maybe the last camping weekend of the year:sly;Sweet some where in michigan:D

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
hey PWRSMOKE, are you sure that wasnt a yellow jeep pickup with the 4bt swapped in at the ashtabula dyno day?? thats my buddy, hes been up there a few times and got the lowest hp award. of course he just put a VW 1.9 tdi in his buddy's samurai so he wont get that award anymore...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm out of fuel flats on the pump.:rotflmao:rotflmao

Me too. I've got lots of room to give in the EGT department and with an innercooler, I could push the numbers a bit higher.:sly At least with the Moose injectors, I know my Banks will peg the 15 psi gauge.:eek:

Heath

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. I've got lots of room to give in the EGT department and with an innercooler, I could push the numbers a bit higher.:sly At least with the Moose injectors, I know my Banks will peg the 15 psi gauge.:eek:

Heath

Me three, though I have no intercooler. Sustained hills (climbing to the ski hill is the only one) brings me close to 1100. The rest of the time, I'm maxing out at 800-900.

Can't be sure, but I also seem to have lost a little peak boost over the last few months. The 60-1 upgrade let me go to 12 PSI from 10, but now I'm back down to 10 it seems. Think the clock is ticking on my pump.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, yep, and yep ;Sweet

as far as another trip goes...... i'm thinking, maybe the last camping weekend of the year:sly;Sweet some where in michigan:D

Glad to hear that everything is finally starting to set in for you. Maybe next time you can lay down a 200+ HP run with a better pump capable of more fuel and giving you some more boost. With your engine setup I don't see why you couldn't get over 200 once things are all lined out.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm down on boost as well...as things warm up boost will go down. Down 1psi FYI, no performance lost at all, figure its up there super heating the air anyways so loosing 1psi aint going to do much.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, hadn't thought about heat but it makes sense.

I also didn't realize that Jim Allen's truck had a turbo calibrated pump. He may have mentioned it in one of his articles at one point but I don't remember. For some reason I thought it was a stock pump.

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also didn't realize that Jim Allen's truck had a turbo calibrated pump. He may have mentioned it in one of his articles at one point but I don't remember. For some reason I thought it was a stock pump.

To tell you the truth, I didn't note a lot of difference between the time when I was running the original NA pump (when it was in good shape) with Banks kit and just the fuel turned up a bit and the ****-bang turbo calibration. Somewhere in five filing cabinets I have the build sheet for that "turbo" pump as it was done in 2000 and a sheet for a typical sea level NA pump. I don't recall there being a whole lot of difference. The only thing I remember is that the guy who built the pump used the OE IDI pump as a baseline spec and built something similar for me. I remember him noting that there would (or should) be some differences in a pump calibrated for a non wastegated turbo as opposed to a wastegated (mine is non), but I honestly don't recall what exactly he said. I took notes but all that stuff is in the file with the pump sheets... and I can't find 'em!

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'm down on boost as well...as things warm up boost will go down. Down 1psi FYI, no performance lost at all, figure its up there super heating the air anyways so loosing 1psi aint going to do much.

I know that I can achieve higher boost numbers when I'm over in the Portland, Beaverton, Eugene area compared to over here in the "high desert" of Central Oregon. I know that the trucks runs a lot stronger when the outside air temps are 40 degrees compared to 90+ degrees. I think I need to get my butt in gear and install this 6.0 IC soon.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heath is correct with the gear ratios assumptions.

The lower gear numerically ie 3.55 trucks will make more power because there is more load= more boost.

My powerstroke is 4.10's and most of the time it hardly makes much boost because it doesn't have to work much to get the truck to move. But when i do get some weight in it, completely different truck.

my buddies 3.55 powerstroke will make about 5lbs more boost right away because he has more load from the get go.

With this in mind though if you are using youre truck like it should be the 4.10's will kill a 3.55 geared truck at stock power levels.

This equation never ends because most people have 3.55's and power mods and they become real quick real fast.

My last 0-60 was 7.4 seconds empty and almost 7.2 flat with about 600 pounds in the bed.

His 3.55 truck is heavily modded and empty it went 7.1 empty and about 7.3 flat loaded

So it depends on the truck, really does.

But when we hit Stevens pass with the Mini Excavators behind us he soon becomes a spot in the rear view mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online