2008 IDI Weekend in pictures

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a nice whoosing sound. Not too loud either.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised they let you guys get near those things.
Out here in Kali, they got them at just about every mountain pass. They've been operating for years and the older ones die in rather spectacular fashion. the rotor shaft shears off and the blades now are going for a walk:eek:

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure hate I missed out on all that fun! Sorry I could not make it this year guys an gals but next year is already penciled in and there will be nothing to stop me from coming. Just tell me where and when. I may have to drive my goat there if I have not purchased a IDI by then but I will still be there. :rotflmao Rain and all it looked like a fun time was had. thanks for the pictures MEL.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Sure hate I missed out on all that fun! Sorry I could not make it this year guys an gals but next year is already penciled in and there will be nothing to stop me from coming. Just tell me where and when. I may have to drive my goat there if I have not purchased a IDI by then but I will still be there. :rotflmao Rain and all it looked like a fun time was had. thanks for the pictures MEL.

Yes BJ you will be there. Last year you were incapacitated but this year I have challenged you to a foot race. You did not show so now you have 1 year to prepare. Be prepared.

Sorry, I just saw Kung Fu Panda with Solomon and I'm in full on kung fu theater mode.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mel

Thanks for sharing for those of us that couldn't be there! Looks like all the side trips made for a very "historical" rally. Also seems like there weren't as many trucks in attendance this year as years past. Great pics!:thumbsup:

Let me know when you feel like chasing some steam locomotives toting 100 year-old Pullman's through the mountains.;Sweet

We'll attend a rally some day.:frustrate

Tom

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Also seems like there weren't as many trucks in attendance this year as years past. Great pics!

I think the most often heard excuse was the high cost of fuel, If I counted correct I saw at least 8 different trucks running alt. fuel "additives". I don't think there was ever a formal "lets get all of the truck together and take pictures" moment. Between the rain and different "clinics" going on, the only time we were all together was when we ate. I didn't "pose" Stormtrooper for any pictures,(being a PSD), so that was one less truck in attendance.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck attendance was down, depending on how you measure it. We had 3 PSD's there this year, but we did gain back 1 IDI (Rob was reconverted) and we did have the highest attendance of 80-86 body styles that I can recall. I guess we may have only had 1 dozen at this years rally, but considering the cost of fuel, it's really a miracle we had that many. Attendance by people however, was still up, thanks in part to some making it to the rally in alternate vehicles. There are a few people in the "where are they now catagory" who were regular attendees who seem to have disappeared. Some names that come to mind...

Jim Madden
Waco_Pilot (Paul)

I'm sure there are others. Some of the other regulars who didn't show, their reasons are known and many have indicated they hope to come next year. We seem to pick up a few and lose a few each year. If we could get them ALL to come every year, then we would probably have over 50 trucks and hundreds of people.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there was also what seemed like a record number of crew cabs this year as well. I know if I had a crew cab, we would have come in the truck, not the secret service Yukon.

Mel, you are right. I'm not sure why some don't come after being regulars, but most didn't make it for know issues. No one that I know of has come to a rally and not returned to another because they didn't enjoy it. I think they are great and it's not about the trucks in reality.........it's about the folks who drive them.

I'm telling you.......If you've never been to a rally, you've got to go! You will love it.

For all you west coast guys.........someone step up and orgainize a left coast rally, and they will come!

Heath

On Edit: Oh and a BIG THANKS as well to Barney for the "IDI Weekend" stickers. They are great!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was also what seemed like a record number of crew cabs this year as well. I know if I had a crew cab, we would have come in the truck, not the secret service Yukon.

Mel, you are right. I'm not sure why some don't come after being regulars, but most didn't make it for know issues. No one that I know of has come to a rally and not returned to another because they didn't enjoy it. I think they are great and it's not about the trucks in reality.........it's about the folks who drive them.

I'm telling you.......If you've never been to a rally, you've got to go! You will love it.

For all you west coast guys.........someone step up and orgainize a left coast rally, and they will come!

Heath

On Edit: Oh and a BIG THANKS as well to Barney for the "IDI Weekend" stickers. They are great!

Well guys As all that attended the ralley know I live in colorado now But you can bet I will still be coming to the east ralley. And Heath I will be stepping up to the plate out here and seeing if I can get things going out in this area.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
It would seem another magical moment is at hand. You saw where I mentioned that my video camera was stolen.... Well, I had no identificiation on that thing what so ever (lesson learned). However, I had left a tape of one of the boys high school plays in the case. The person that took (or in this case "found") the camera, watched it, and matched the school logo up with their web site. Well long story short, they contacted the school, who contacted us, and now it looks like I may be getting my camera back! How cool is that! :D :hail :hail :hail

well mel that just goes to show that there are still a few honest people left in this world.. just so happens the bulk of them must be in PA...hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online