2005 F350 6.0 liter truck value

Discussion in '6.0L Powerstroke Diesels' started by Tyee II, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Tyee II

Tyee II Registered User

I know this is a loaded question but would like to see a few opinions as to the value of a truck I am considering selling.
    2005 F 350 6.0 liter,automatic transmission, air, cruise and tilt, single rear wheel, 2 wheel drive with a utility box and custom rack. The truck has 180,000 miles I am the original and only operator of the vehicle, oil changes every 3000 miles all major services have been kept current, no modifications ( unless something was done by Ford during the warranty period, I know early on there was something done with the turbo and there has been some EGR work done ) The truck starts and runs good, it does have what I have read is called stiction when starting in cold weather but it smooths out quickly as it warms up and runs fine with no smoke. The truck is in what I would rate good condition by the Kelly Blue Book and NADA guides. There prices have quite a bit of variation and I know that demand by region plays an important part in determining a value but just wanted to see what the opinions are of some that have far more experience than I with the Ford Diesels. I am located in the Portland OR area.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Full Access Member

Because of the utility body and rack it's not going to appeal to many people. However, those that it does appeal to would be willing to pay a little more because they will see it as the tool it is. Does it have an incomplete vehicle VIN? If it does that is going to be a problem too because there goes all the potential teen buyers; they won't be able to insure it because commercial insurance is expensive for young people.