2005 Eastern IDI Weekend info

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well not to get you all bent out of shape, but you need to read this.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
Well not to get you all bent out of shape, but you need to read this.

Well Mel,
I can say that smokin stroker has never owned an IDI truck, and currently owns a PSD, HOWEVER, he has two friends that have IDI's and he has helped work on both of them, maybe he has even worked on them more than the owners! So, i think he qualifys for being a BOOB man.

Also i might add, as long as the owners of diesel trucks are not stuck up, then i like to look at, and see as many different diesel trucks as i can. This being said i dont think that it is a bad thing that PSD drivers show up to an IDI event. I like my truck way more than any PSD (especially when it is running well)! For this reason i dont think there is any harm in any inferior trucks (PSD) showing up at an IDI event!LOL
In other words the more diesels i get to see and the more diesel owners i get to meet..........the better the event will be!:cheers:

Adam

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
All I got to say is if not a past or present IDI owner then I suggest attend a PSD, Duramax or CTD event and pass on the "Olde School" Event. The logo pretty much says it all in "Annual Gathering of Classic Ford Diesels" meaning no new ones.

:sorry: But if you have owned an IDI and have attended a general diesel rally you would understand that all the other diesel owners pretty much treat you as dirt on their shoes. Nothing is aimed at your era diesel and as far as everyone is concerned (for the most part) it's not a real diesel, or at least that is the feeling conveyed. So in response to that we formed our own event that is tailored to only the Older mechanically injected Ford Diesels. Trust me if your not an IDI'er you would feel out of place at an IDI event because it's all about the mechanical injection and nothing about the others.

They have their events we have ours type of thing.

Also if anyone is thinking of coming to one of the IDI Events you should realize that these are the "Disney World" of the Diesel events. Meaning that if it's not acceptable at your local Church Social then it won't be accepted here either. These are a family type event, doesn't mean that a guy can't have a beer or two but don't think your going to get looped and nothing won't be said. There are activities planned for the kids and the adults (typically a cruise or tech section headed up by one of the other members).

We (the IDI Crowd) pride ourselves in the fact that any campground that we have attended as a group is flat begging for us to return. This is not something all diesel (auto) groups achieve. There is a local group here in this area that most of the campground owners would perfer never come back because of the activities they bring along with them. Some of the comments that past campground owners have made include "You were the best car/truck group we have ever had in", "when are you folks going to return - we would love to have more of your type back", "we have had problems with other car groups in the past but not yours, please feel free to hold another ralley here". Think of an IDI event as a old farts RV ralley and what would be acceptable there is acceptable at an IDI event.

Not to sound standoff-ish but that is feel of an IDI Event. Not pointing fingers here at anyone but just in case anyone was wondering what an IDI event was all about. This is something that you would not feel uncomfrontable in any way shape of form bringing your kids along to attend. No matter how "prudish" you might be. These truly are the "Disney World" of events.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright,

Everybody knows where the event is located and when the event is scheduled to kick off. You all know who is sponsoring and hosting the event and what is and isnt acceptable. I trust that there needs to be no further discussion of what is and isnt considered fun. If it doesnt fill you bill dont go and DO NOT discuss it in this forum. There are places to discuss it on this site other than here.

Mike

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Antique teaser

Here's a poor picture of Mr. Best's estate, where we will enjoy his antique truck/car collection. This is just a teaser

Attachments

• Best collection.jpg
    Best collection.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 10

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GRuss said:
Here's a poor picture of Mr. Best's estate, where we will enjoy his antique truck/car collection. This is just a teaser

Looks good, but I want to see what's attached to those two tires in the foreground. :p

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Could be just about any of a couple DOZEN big trucks he has in his collection! That picture SURE is a teaser. With 3 big buildings full of all kinds of neat stuff...you'll find something that tickles your fancy. Cars, trucks, memorabilia, etc, etc, etc.

Mr. Best is quite the host, maybe he'll fire up the caliopie (sp?) too.

BTW...my IDI is older than all yours.... ;)

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Ok guys less than 2 months to go. If you want to come please contact me soon if you haven't done so. Thanks Russ

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
tick....tick....tick.....

Just a few days away now!
Barring an early winter.....we'll see y'all Monday ;Sweet

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Well guys..............had a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to meet most of you...missed most since I got there lunchtime Monday.
Had a nice afternoon talkin' whatever with the gang. Thanks to Russ for the burgers/dogs at lunch, and Travis for steak/dogs for dinner. Above and beyond the call ;Sweet

Made it home safe/sound/in one piece....though it's only 'bout 1 hr drive. Sure will be darker in them parts for awhile 'cause I got probably HALF the lightning bug population stuck to the front of my truck... :rotflmao :rotflmao

Hope we can do it again sometime :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Whew.. Just got home about an hour or so ago. Made pretty good time coming across Ohio.

Really enjoyed the weekend - had a great time

Lord knows my tire man is gonna be happy :peelout

I can offically say that the drive tire is toast. I checked her when I got home and the wear bars are just barely below the tread LOL I acomplished the goal I set for myself.

Also want to Thank Gary for putting this all together. Ya did good bud ;Sweet

As usual it was nice putting some new names to new faces, and I really enjoyed seeing all our old and new friends.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
I can offically say that the drive tire is toast. I checked her when I got home and the wear bars are just barely below the tread LOL I acomplished the goal I set for myself.

Should've charged that $5.00 entry fee. LOL
Or was it that smoke rolling out of the opening door and the little red eyes sayin "come in... COME IN"..... MMUUUUHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAAA :***:
(sorry Mel) LOL