2005 Eastern IDI Weekend info

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'll be hosting the 2005 IDI Weekend at the Lock 30 Campground In Lisbon Ohio, from Friday July 1st to Monday July 4th.
Here's what's on the schedule so far..
Thursday Early bird arrival, nothing scheduled
Friday: Arrrival Day. field trip to local outdoor flea market, Then drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway
Saturday: Field trip to **** Best's Antique truck collection
Sunday: Show/Shine or Rust/Dust competition(friendly)
Sunday: games for the kids during the show/shine
Monday: ??????
Fireworks at somepoint in time. I haven't got a confermed date yet.
Other things are in the planning stages and I will update this post whenever i get things solidified
I was contacted by the campground asking that everyone make the reservations by March 1st. The campground is recieving alot of requests for sites that weekend, and we don't want to leave anyone out. So if you're planning on attending PLEASE make your reservations soon.

I have the campground rates sheet, and fliers on file is anyone would like to see them.

Also those of you who wish to stay at a hotel the
Lisbon Inn is just a few miles from the campground.

Please feel free to ask questions.
See you in July Gary(GRuss) Russell

Last edited:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I have my route all planned to get out there Russ, and I'll be gettin a hotel. I'll be posting my route in a different thread as not to hijack this one.

Thanks for putting it together, should be fun.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Gary,

I know I said months earlier that we would be attending but as things are we will not be doing so this year. Everyone have a good time and enjoy yourselves. We will be camping here locally in NE Indiana with the family (entire extended family) so we will be thinking of you folks playing in diesel land.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh? :***: What's the meaning of this. :mad: How can I stick my new light saber up your exhaust pipe if your not their to take the abuse you so badly need? :idiot: Seriously, what gives? :confused:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well we (The Pruitt Mob) normally get together in the latter portion of July for a family camping weekend, but my nephew has started working (just turned 16 this past year) and has to work every weekend from now until he can manage to get fired (I have faith in him he won't make it past next month) but anyhoo... He was given the option of having the 4th off, so he jumped on it, then my sister (his mother) said cool then I'll take my vacation that week, so that meant that the camping weekend got moved... So the rest of us adjusted our schedules to mate with theirs.

We will be at a local state park with the rest of the real winners from the gene pool (state parks seem to attract the crazy folks on holiday weekends for some reason). For example last year over Memorial Day a couple buddies and myself pulled up lawn chairs to watch two stellar upstanding folks from the local gene puddle (can't call this one a pool - even using the word puddle is an exaggeration) compete in the knife throwing event - which was sponsored by Coors Light :drunk: . See what they do is toss knives at each other's feet from about 12-15 feet from each other - sadly neither one of them won the knife toss - came close but no cigar. If nothing else these guys were good entertainment. So I figure what the heck we'll go see what they have to offer this year, I'm hoping for a William Tell event have not seen that one yet.

Now don't get me wrong I'm no shining pillar of the community by any means... Heck we burnt a station wagon one year in a state park while trying to start a campfire -Flame Thr . Pushed the burning carcuss off into another site while running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Oh we were the talk of the campground that family outing LOL Blackened the windows on the car, had ********* cloud of smoke rolling. It was a sight to see let me tell ya... LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Family commitments. :rolleyes: What to do? Well, you'll be missed. I'm sure we'll talk about you like you were there. ;)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
uh huh,Likely story......I think you are too scared to show up and let your big bad billy get smoke by the Enterprise.....Ummm,Guys.....May I suggest a ROAD TRIP!Muh Ha ha ha:peelout

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still tore up about it! :mad: Anybody else going that stays up till 4 a.m. B.S.ing by the fire and :smoke: cigars??!! And there goes my :peelout buddy!!
Oh well can definately understand the family commitments - maybe the boy will quit and the plans will change?! We'll miss yah Travis - maybe the next one!! :thumbsup:

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Hey if it makes you feel any better I think I will make an appearance this year!:D I am always up for a little show and tell when it comes to trucks! And I wouldnt mind meeting some of their drivers too!LOL
As far as staying up till 4am BSing.................depends on how drunk i get!LOL;)