2000 7.3 f350 PSD broke down at work.in the front of main door.SUCKS!!!!

410slayer

Reaction score
i just ordered a fuel press.relief housing from dieselorings.com.i cant test fire till i fix the broken one.can i make my own block off plate will the truck drive with this blocked off?i would like to drive truck home before the parts come getting sick of working on truck at work.i did the high dollar shipping so maybe it will be here tuesday.i also ordered a fuel return sleeve.now i have to get the broken piece out of the copper tube nut fitting.should i do the bb shim to the spring while iam right here.this truck has the banks super chip and banks turbo already.thanks have a great weekend.

Bobus

Powerstroked
Reaction score
I had a '99 F350 that had a Chip go bad.. The truck was running great then it died.. 20 min later it fired up again.. then died and wouldn't restart pulled teh chip and it ran great

Glow plugs arn't that bad.. If you have time, paitence and tools you can do it yourself.. I can do both sides on a 7.3l PSD '94-'03 in 2.5-3 hours.. Yeah ive done it a few times

410slayer

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP.blown braiden line going to head from hpop

well working in 15 degree weather outside i found the line leaking heavily.so is this holding out the glow plug sequence?this is where i was thinking the ipr was stuck.this a great safety feature to save my engine.ie no oil pressure at injectors will not let engine fire off.is this hose a dealer item or can i make up a high pressure hose with crimp on fittings at work?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
What line is leaking? ...one of the steel braided from HPOP to head?

If so, that is definatly the culprit ...no oil/low oil to inj and no fire.

re: making a line----remember, the HPOP system runs at 3500 psi and UP!
Most steel braid/teflon lined hose that uses reusable fittings is generally rated "under" 300 psi....

I had one fail a while back and even being out in farm country, there was no line that size available to withstand the pressure so I got one from a member here who had a spare :thanks: f450sd aka Rich

clicky here for thread

Hope that is of some help and best of fortune getting it back running:cheers:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
hpop hose is a dealer item on a sd
special ends on it, also need a special tool to remove them, looks like a wrench for a zippie gun

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just reading over the evidience, it seems to me that it's not glow plugs - truck failed while running, so there should be no starting issues. Sure wish you could have been there to hear it stop running. Because HOW it stopped running would be a big clue. When my CPS failed, it was just like somebody reached over and hit the key. A sudden loss of a running motor (given the complexity of these things) is bound to be electrical, while a slower death... running out of power, idling down until it dies, sputtering... etc... sounds more likely to be a fluid problem. I think your looking at a catastrophic electrical failure in my opionion.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Fix the oil line and go from there...Once your oil leak is fixed and you still don't have smoke I would agree with Mel and start looking at the electrical....Easy things first so try to get your hands on a loaner IDM....They usually have that symptom, run ok until they get warm and then die....Let them cool down and they will repeat the symptom again and again.

410slayer

Reaction score
thanks to all iam at work but will get outside its warm tonight(26F) in the next hour and try and remove the hpop hose from the pump to the head the ford dealer said $153.00 for one hose and $137.00 for other.i figure i should change both but one is definitely blown.i run sprint cars and the power steeing hoses are in excess of 5000 psi can i use something else? or flare up some stainless tubing ?also i will try and call international in morning.thanks for all the help to all.hope fully once the leak is repaired the truck runs and not onto catastrophic electrical issues.THANKS AGAIN.

410slayer

Reaction score
ok i got the braided line off pin hole leak,what was the special removal tool?it came off with a 3/4 open end wrench.well i hope international has this hose.the local ford dealer want $153.00 its a 12 inch braided hose? the only weird thing is it has different ends.thanks again.

410slayer

Reaction score
finally had to brake down and buy the oil hose, racing season is here.replaced the hose and ends.but back to the high pressure fuel return,where i broke it off at the two bolt flange.the threads are in the the brass nut.so i cut it off and now i there is not enough room to turn the flaring tool around.due to it being 3 months between start and finish where does the spring and brass thing go?on which sid?between the water seperator or out by the brass nut?

410slayer

Reaction score
between the hpop and the two bolt flange or on the outlet side.the expanded view i got from the dealership i cant tell.

410slayer

Reaction score
finished truck back in business thanks for all that have helped out.also changed the oil in the HPOP.engine oil,new filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online