Broke down

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my IP and injectors recently and I don't currently have any "gremlins".
I replaced the fuel filter due to this break down and all is well now.
I agree that it, initially, seemed electrical since it shut down like a switch was turned off. But the only electrical once it's running is the FSS, right? And that was clicking when I turned the key on.
Thank you for letting me know that I don't need to wait any longer to see if water might separate in the sample jar that I have sitting. The fuel in the jar looks good. I must have been sucking some crap from the tank that plugged the filter. I will cut it apart and see what is the culprit. I hope to replace both tanks and the selector switch.

Last edited:

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my IP and injectors recently and I don't currently have any "gremlins".
I replaced the fuel filter due to this break down and all is well now.
I agree that it, initially, seemed electrical since it shut down like a switch was turned off. But the only electrical once it's running is the FSS, right? And that was clicking when I turned the key on.
Thank you for letting me know that I don't need to wait any longer to see if water might separate in the sample jar that I have sitting. The fuel in the jar looks good. I must have been sucking some crap from the tank that plugged the filter. I will cut it apart and see what is the culprit. I hope to replace both tanks and the selector switch.
Curious on both tanks being replaced can our diesel truck fuel tanks not be cleaned out like gasoline tanks or is that not a option since most idi and idit trucks are over a decade or more old

silverrex4

Reaction score
With the diesel standards today you need to put an additive in it. All the additives have something to help with rust, water, alge and *lubricity*. I have had it shut off before randomly because it ran out of fuel. Had to keep purging the Schrader valve with the fasset lift pump helping. Once ya cut that filter I bet your getting rust from the tanks and clogging the filter. I have to drop my tanks also, let me know what tanks and sender units you get. Glad you got it running again. Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online