1995 did or didn't

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
well, whos to say that an IDI from '95 was produced in the U.S.? Could possibly been produced in south america? I know there are wacky cool things produced there, like crew cab diesel rangers.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
I agree Mel. I always tell them mine is a 93 turbo or I end up with PSD parts. Most parts people have no clue that there was a diesel before the PSD. LOL Same idiots call the old 6.2 and 6.5 Chevys duramax's.

I get that too! I also tell them its a 93, or i tell them its vin "k".

But i gotta give the people behind the counter at the parts stores an applause because have to deal with any make, model, and year vehicle any given day, I mean, if i worked there and someone came in asking for parts for a honda civic, i wouldnt know much more than what the computer tells me.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard tell that IDI's were made up until 2000 in Mexico in the 92-97 body style. Kinda the same thing Deere did in the early 60's. In '60 they discontinued the 2 cylinder tractors in America, but continued to produce them unti '64 in Mexico and Argentina. There's nothing saying that Ford didn't do something similar.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if they ever made [ assembled ] diesels in Mexico or not but I do know there are things that you don't see here. My last run in the truck a few months ago was to customs wrhse. in Lerado,TX. Supervisor had a HD2500 with 6 lug wheels!! I just had to look at the thing. Had MX tags. He said he bought it new a year ago. They do build stuff there that we don't build here

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score