1994 stock turbo rebuild help!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Get that intake hat bolted down. Then give the engine/engine bay/frame/transmission area a huge dose of engine degreaser. Then let it sit for 15 minutes, then go to town washing it off. Probably should do that two times. You should then be able to tell where all the oil is coming from, its much harder to find an oil leak when you have oil everywhere already...I know!

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good think for me I have ran it a bunch since I washed it Down haha so it obviously didn't hydrolock. PHEW! This is a stupid question but what's the cdr/cdr hose? Really appreciate all the help guys!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its the hose that runs from the drivers side valve cover (there is a little puck looking thing on it) to the intake before the turbo (where the air filter housing narrows to go into the turbo, look towards the back of the engine.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have something like this on your engine. Thats the CDR "tuna fish can". Whatever you have it will have a 1" hose on it. 2nd pic is how a Banks looks like.

Attachments

• 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 10

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hears a picture of the snail, the big o-ring that goes under it and the hold down bolt with copper washer that your missing

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We are an abundance of help here. Nobody goes away unhappy with the help from this forum. Also never feel you might be asking a dumb question. Just because you don't know the answer only means you want the help. Once you know you now can help others.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good think for me I have ran it a bunch since I washed it Down haha so it obviously didn't hydrolock. PHEW! This is a stupid question but what's the cdr/cdr hose? Really appreciate all the help guys!

READ THE FAQ AND TECH SECTION instead of asking basic questions like this...we want to help you..but please help yourself. and read read read...

then use search and search for CDR you will find many threads on CDR Crank case depression regulator

READ READ READ then ask and then wait on answers then do young grasshopper...

LOL

We are more than happy to help you, however we won't spoon feed you or hand it to you on a silver platter. It is up to you to do the research required and put in the time and effort! Asking what a CDR is clearly shows not enough reading done yet.

Likewise, when you got to have a good solid understanding you will be able to make good purchasing decisions and increase the power of your $$$ and your truck at the same time!

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am concerned about your dented oil pan. The oil pickup is just above the drain plug, and may be damaged. Removing the pan can be done without removing the engine but is probably more difficult than pulling the engine. Resealing the pan (RTV, no gasket) is darn near impossible with engine in frame. You may be OK if you have enough oil pressure to coat your engine bay.

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway I can tell of its damaged without changing the oil pan? I do t have the tools or knowledge to pull the engine at the moment.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Agnem is trying to tell you is that 99% of the time when an amateur tries to rebuild his own turbo, he destroys it and the turbo has to be replaced. Listen to him.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Agnem is trying to tell you is that 99% of the time when an amateur tries to rebuild his own turbo, he destroys it and the turbo has to be replaced. Listen to him.

Thats the best way to put it, and why I wont walk anyone thru how to do one. I feel I do them at a low enough price that it is cost effective. Also the 2 folks that have done them from other forums have ended up on my bench, one full of teflon tape and one with a siezed shaft.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Teflon tape.....:eek: The abomination of any job thats not a plumbing job. Teflon has its place but not on our engines. I think its best used on Dodges and chevys...:angel::sly In all honesty many years ago I was working in a chemical refinery when a guy that worked for and sold teflon tape came in to talk with us about its use on pipe threads. First thing he said was we used way too much of it on every pipe thread joint. This was after interviewing several of the "top mechanics". He told us a lap and 1/4 was all thats needed to seal a thread. any more than that and your trying to fix a bad thread. Secondly he told us the tape was a thread lube and be careful how tight we screw the pipe fittings together because we could split the fittings because of the lube on the threads. We needed 2 or 3 threads showing on the pipe joints or the nipples for a proper thread engagement. Where can it be used on our turbos or fuel systems.. NO PLACE....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the best way to put it, and why I wont walk anyone thru how to do one. I feel I do them at a low enough price that it is cost effective. Also the 2 folks that have done them from other forums have ended up on my bench, one full of teflon tape and one with a siezed shaft.

I won't even get started on that one...those here that know me...know how I feel bout that *****!

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright cleaned it up and took off the air filter. So that tuna fish has a 1 Inch house but it turns and leads out onto the frame into some filter and then poors onto the ground! What the hell! It looks lime a damn irrigation filter!