1994 F250 Powerstroke Issues

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to help a friend get his 1994 extended cab F250 running. So far we know that his truck turns over and will run on ether just fine of course with the glowplugs disconnected. Diagnostically his ignition is working because his chime works and starter works. But when his key is first turned the glowplugs do not energize... it's a brand new relay and the signal wire from the ignition to the glowplug relay has been confirmed as not getting power when the key is turned on. Also when we got the truck running on ether it didn't stay running. So I'm thinking there is some sort of electrical problem that is affecting the glow plugs and the injectors firing. At first we thought that maybe the ECU was shot so we replaced it with one off a good running powerstroke. That didn't solve the problem! So now after some additional reading in the "7.3 Bible" I am thinking that it might actually be the barometric pressure sensor. Whenever someone has the chance I'd like some feedback on whether you think this is the problem.

Thanks George

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check fuse #22 in the fuse box under the hood.if blown disconnect the fuel heater(top plug on the fuel filter housing,looks squarish) replace the fuse and see what happens