1990 f350 7.3 Trailer light adapter??

joetennistreecare

Reaction score
My truck is a 6 pin round with one outer pin missing. So it is 4 outer pins and the middle pin. Trying to convert to 4 flat and can only find adpaters with 4 outside pins no middle..

joetennistreecare

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a youtube video about that and it was my next option. I wound up taking the connector off and just wiring in a 4 flat. There was only 4 out of 5 pins wired anyway so the 6 round to 4 flat they sell in stores would've worked if the stock connector wasn't corroded.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
4 flat and 7 pin rv round are mostly used today. Those other style and pin combinations you may find on construction equipment or other specialty stuff. If you have any type of enclosed, open, cargo, car, or rv tailer its probably a 4 flat or 7 pin rv type plug.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the easiest way to get 4 flat.

http://www.etrailer.com/t1-1991_Ford_F-150,+F-250,+F-350.htm

Can get them other places too.

That is exactly what I have. For my 4pin flat six x trailer..its perfect...now that I am rigging to tow larger trailers with e brakes...I will remove 4 pin plug end and crimp ring ends on...wire the wires into a proper junction box along with brake control feed wire and the +BAT LEAD for charge and the run a short 7 wire lead from junction box to 7 wire flat RV plug.

That will then be easy to adapt from and configure appropriately.;Sweet

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have actually considered using this and making a relay box out of one of my weather tight boxes that uses a single hot feed back to the back and just trigger relays with tail light harness to take the load off the truck circuits. I would just have to run the electric brake wire front to back so 2 wires front to back instead of all 7. Still somewhat undecided on my trailer wire scheme. I'm either going to run 7 wire cable front to back or do something like this. I'd like to take the trailer light load off the truck and my luck is usually that I have a trailer blow fuses in the truck and I loose my lights on the truck too so a degree of separation to me is a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online