1986 Ford F-250 4x4 6.9L Super Cab Parting Out

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am parting out my 1986 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 Supercab, with the 6.9L diesel engine. The engine runs strong. All cylinder have over 410 psi of compression, except #7 which was at 380. That is why I bought the other parts below. Transmission is in great shape, and I have owned the truck for 6 years. I have exchanged the fluid after any towing for extended periods of time. Not because it needed it, but because I wanted the transmission to last. The rear end is a sterling 10.25 4.10. The brakes are in great shape. I have also replaced the seals with the best ones from NAPA. The front end was completely rebuilt last year. The body is rough, but there are many other good parts on the truck. It has the upgraded 7.3L glow plug system, and all the glow plugs work. I also installed the RACOR water/filter separator.

I also have a used camshaft from a '90 7.3L that I was going to install in mine if I needed. $25 + shipping, and it's yours. I also have a set of brand new lifters, never installed for $100 for the set. Along with that I have a complete set of new OEM, still in FORD bag push rods $60 for the complete set.

The fuel tank started leaking, and I don't have the money to get a new one, or the time. We also just had our 2nd child, and I need the money to help pay for the medical bills. My loss is wour gain. Email me at auto_crazy@***.net, and I can send you pictures of whatever you want.

I accept cash or PAYPAL only.

gandalf

Reaction score
You should perhaps give a better idea on pricing for the various major parts. It would also help most of us to know where the truck is located.

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am parting out my 1986 Ford F-250 4x4 XLT 6.9L diesel truck. I am located in Omaha, NE. I just don't have the money or time to fix up the truck, and I need money to pay for medical bills, so my loss is your gain. You pay the cost and shipping. For the heavier items, I ask that you make the shipping arrangements to have the items picked up. I can deliver to a freight company if needed. email me or call at 402-575-7190 and leave a message for what you want.

Here is the list. If there is anything else you may need, let me know, and I will let you know if I have it or not. The front end is the TTB, but has been completely re-done (tie rods and ball joints, pads, and calipers). Tires are 33x12.5x16.5, and still in decent shape. The rims are aluminum, and are spoked, similar to the ones on the General Lee. I will sell the whole truck for $1800.

6.9L NA Engine - $700. Engine runs great. It has a new water pump, and the updated 7.3L glow plug system. It also have a RACOR fuel/water separator. All cylinder have good compression.

6.9L Flywheel - $50. I had a brand new gear installed mast year. There are NO worn teeth on this. It is for an automatic transmission.

Starter - $75. Less than a year old.

Alternator - $25. Works fine.
Vacuum Pump - $25. 3 years old, and still working fine.
P/S Pump - $25. There is some seepage from the front seal, but there is no noise.
A/C compressor $25. It is for R12, and did work. There is no oil on it, so I don't think there is a leak, but the system held freon for 2 years, and the compressor worked great.

Battery Cable - $20
Batteries - $25 each. About a year old

Radiator - $100. This is 3 years old, and no leaks.

I bought these when I was going to get the engine ready for a turbo, but that day never came.
7.3L camshaft - $25 - Got this cheap just in case a lifter went bad.
6.9L NEW lifters - $100. This is a complete set of lifter for these engines.
6.9L NEW OEM push rods - $50. This is a complete set of intake and exhaust push rods still in the FORD packaging. The price is for ALL the rods.

Transmission - $300. This is a C-6 automatic transmission in great shape. The filter and fluid were just changed. No shifting or slipping problems.

Transfer Case - $150. Borg/Warner

Rear axle - $250. This is an open 4.10 ratio Sterling full floating rear end. This includes the brakes as well, which are in great shape. Also the axle seals have been replaced the the best ones from NAPA (can't remember the part number, the they are one ones that don't leak).

Rear springs - $100 for the pair. These have a total of 6 leaves, and came off a '96 F-350.
Rear air bags - $75. Firestone air bag system. There is no pump. You will have to fill these manually.

Front and rear shocks - $10 each. These are brand new.

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. They were on the truck when I bought it 5 years ago. I know they work because when I had them fully inflated and 7,000 lbs in the bed, my truck was sitting level, and I made 3 trips like that in the same day without any problems.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in everything needed to convert a truck without power windows and locks to one with. That would include all the wiring and switches.

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an update for the parts I have from my truck. Email me or call at 402-575-7190 and leave a message for what you want.

Here is the list. If there is anything else you may need, let me know, and I will let you know if I have it or not. The front end is the TTB, but has been completely re-done (tie rods and ball joints, pads, and calipers).

6.9L NA Engine - $500. Engine runs great. It has a new water pump. It also have a RACOR fuel/water separator. All cylinder have good compression. I can give you more info on the engine and picutres if you want.

Alternator - $15. Works fine.
Vacuum Pump - $15. 3 years old, and still working fine.
P/S Pump - $15. There is some seepage from the front seal, but there is no noise.
A/C compressor $15. It is for R12, and did work. There is no oil on it, so I don't think there is a leak, but the system held freon for 2 years, and the compressor worked great.

Radiator - $100. This is 3 years old, and no leaks. Why pay $200-$300 for a new one, when this one will work for many years.

I bought these when I was going to get the engine ready for a turbo, but that day never came.
7.3L camshaft - $25 - Got this cheap just in case a lifter went bad.
6.9L NEW lifters - $100. This is a complete set of lifter for these engines.
6.9L NEW OEM push rods - $50. This is a complete set of intake and exhaust push rods still in the FORD packaging. The price is for ALL the rods.

Transfer Case - $100. Borg/Warner

Rear axle - $250. This is an open 4.10 ratio Sterling full floating rear end. This includes the brakes as well, which are in great shape. Also the axle seals have been replaced the the best ones from NAPA (can't remember the part number, the they are one ones that don't leak).

Rear springs - $100 for the pair. These have a total of 6 leaves, and came off a '96 F-350.

Front and rear shocks - $10 each. These are brand new.

Rear tail light assembly - $10 each

Front fender side lights - $10 each

Dana 50/Dana 60 front Hubs. - $75 for both sides. The locking part is sold, but all the internals and spindles are there. The hubs are 8 x 6.5" bolt pattern.

Door Windows - $25 each
Super cab side windows - $15 each

8ft truck bed insert w/ FORD logo $35

Front drive shaft - $25 All Ujoints are tight, and are greasable
Rear drive shaft - $50 Again all ujoints are tight and greasable. It is a 2 piece shaft with a carrier bearing that is only 3 years old. No play or noise in bearing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin