1986 electrical parts - a good US source anyone ?

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just had my horn stop working and in checkingit out, have traced it to the electrical connections on the steering column. My cruise controls have been iffy for a while as well.

I removed the steering wheel and found the two brushes that run on the slip ring of the steering wheel, badly worn - one more than the other. The only other electrical connection in thise area is the turn signal switch and that works fine.

I called the local Ford dealer in Prince George and was told the small electrical part I need (short length of wire, connector and two brushes, was only available out of the US. It would take at least a week to get and cost around $125 plus tax (Canadian).

Can anyone recommend a US parts supplier for these items - are they Ford items only ?:dunno

The horn I will rig with a momentary push button switch on the end of the transmission shift lever for the time being, with two wires down to the horn and battery (supply and ground). The price for this would be great - maybe $5.00 ;Sweet

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

mariner

anthonyj

Reaction score
All that I have ever had to replace were a part of the turn signal switch and not available separately here in the us. You might try rock auto, I wouldn't think that the turn signal switch would be that high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online