1/2 ton with diesel ?

wood350

Reaction score
my friend had a 95 half ton with the 6.5 turbo diesel his daughter used it ti has 60,000 miles and they kept great care of it. she traded it in on a toyota suv and now the dealership has dropped the price from 6500 to 4900 it has the air bag helper spring and he said he used to pull his 3 horse with living quarter trailer with ease should i jump on the deal? they babied this truck and i have known the family for years these are the type of people that check the oil everyday no matter what and stuff like that. my main concern is pullin loads i am in the bucking bull business so i haul bulls alot usually a 24 to 32 foot but i am about to get a 24 foot aluminum do yal think it can handle it. i live in all flat land also no hills unless i haul to ok and ar. thanks for the help
god bless

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after driving through Ar ....i doubt youll be over 10mph with the 6.5, good luck to ya on that one.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
It would be wise to keep looking for a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. If you are going to tow a lot the bigger axles and brakes will be appreciated. The 1/2 ton is not really engineered to tow a large trailer on a regular basis. Good Luck
Ken

robert wyrick

Reaction score
I agree with the above. I can just see it now with that gearing, smoked trannys, blown headgaskets rear axle troubles, etc,etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online