08 Front End Conversion, B-E-A-utiful

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures speak a thousand words. The craftsmanship is astonishing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looked and Looked at this truck, it's gotta be the same truck as the blue one only painted black. Maybe the weeds will grow tall enough to hide it. :eek: :puke:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My DIY write up for 08 conversion:

Parts needed:
08 front end pieces
Electrical tape

Tools needed:
Sawzall
Wire strippers
Duct tape

I'll complete my write up later....

:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's 07-08 bumper.
Looks good to me.

Not mine.
I have to admit, I like that...it works asthetically, and hopefully gets considerably more air to the radiator/a/c condenser/intercooler ;Sweet I wonder how much one of those bumpers is?

I'd do this with the first gen SD after OBS grill and those headlights...those headlights help beat some lift laws by having them lower ;) and thus better :D for lifting if laws require headlights to be at a certail level.
The legal reason makes sense, but the light assembly is the thing I dislike the most about that front end. I've never liked any light assembly that puts the turn signal above the headlight...makes it look like it was put on upside-down. If having the headlight lower was the goal, they should have put the turn signal inboard of the headlight and brought that part of the hood down to match...something like what Dodge did on the '94-'02 trucks.

JMHO...OTOH I have a very strong and not exactly positive opinion about lifted trucks...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I feel the same about lifted trucks. Lol
About ignorant for a DD.
Few inches may be okay.
I was looking for those bumpers, seemed to be in the $200-800 range for used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It seems like the closer you get to middle America, the cheaper they will be. My guess is because they are take off for Ranch hand style bumpers. Texas is cheap for stock bumpers.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I agree about lifted trucks. What a way to ruin a useful work vehicle. I hate lifting ****. I especially hate lifting **** higher than I have to. I use my truck for hauling ****, which means lifting **** into it. I want that to be as easy as possible. I also want my trailers to be as level as possible. I also don't care if ********** think my truck is a ***** truck for running stock height on 235/85/16s.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about lifted trucks. What a way to ruin a useful work vehicle. I hate lifting ****. I especially hate lifting **** higher than I have to. I use my truck for hauling ****, which means lifting **** into it. I want that to be as easy as possible. I also want my trailers to be as level as possible. I also don't care if ********** think my truck is a ***** truck for running stock height on 235/85/16s.
It's not often that I find myself agreeing with you, but AMEN!!!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I like that bumper mod. Might be something to look in to. I also like my lifted truck. lol.

John

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel lifted trucks have some purpose, albeit I'm not a sidewalk lifted kinda guy, but for clearance of some larger tyres for four wheeling...I'm not into 14" lift but a 4" lift and some nice flexy springs to add some traction..hell ya, this then is a play truck not a work truck.

Work trucks need be as down as possible for work reasons IMHO, having a pu box way up and loading ladder racks and ***** is a RPITA on those and have no place in a real working mans world...work smarter not harder!

I sort of agree on the separate light for head/signal/marker as it does make it look better but today for arodynamics and all that crap...they seem to be all in one ROFL and of course for making MO Money LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Come to find out, he has a cousin up in New Haven area as well. This one is even better than the 08 conversion!