My New All Alluminum Champion Radiator

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I got home today and saw the box sitting in my garage;Sweet. so i took care of business and went out to open my new rad;Sweet. I walked up to the box and was kind of discouraged. that was because there were two holes the size of a half dollar coin in the box along with a tear in the box that indicated that something had fallen or sitting on the box. Some of the fins were mashed over. The frame of the rad was bent pretty bad as well. the two tranny cooler fittings were destroyed:backoff.

I have allready sent the seller a message on ebay telling them about the problem and asking for authorization for return and full refund of my money. i told them that i don't want to exchange b/c i can not wait another 2 weeks for another radiator to be shipped to me.

Also the fact that the packaging was a super **** poor excuse of packaging especially considereing the fact that it was a radiator. i looked on the out side of the box and there is not a single sticker or label that says "caution, fragile, handle with care". the only labels i saw were "do not open radiator cap when coolant is hot". No **** Sherlock!

Tomorrow i will be going to a local performance automotive store that deals in stuff like this and exhaust. i will talk to them and see what they have for alluminum rads.

Words can not describe how dissapointed i am with the hole thing. i like the quallity and craftsman ship of the rad. the biggest problem was the packaging. they pretty much just put the radiator in a box that was way to big for the rad. there was no styroform of bubble rap. just a few peices of cardboard that was really not protecting anything.

I took some pics of the damage. mabey i will stop by my grandma's house tomorrow and upload them with her high speed internet.

Good luck when you get yours Goofy. i wish you better fortune that i had.

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
that sucks...as lot of people seem to have had good luck with them..ill still take my chance and order one when i get the mulla. They are based out of kali so at least mine doesnt have to go very far :sly

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
that sucks...as lot of people seem to have had good luck with them..ill still take my chance and order one when i get the mulla. They are based out of kali so at least mine doesnt have to go very far :sly

Ya the distance thing is the biggest problem for me. i like the quallity of craftsman ship like i said, it is just the packing that is lacking by a mile.

askikr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they exchange it without hassle, you should give them another chance. That is if you are not in a hurry. I agree they should pack it better.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
it is not that i am with out a vehicle right now but i want my truck to drive not have as a lawn ornament. I probly would give them another chance but they are across the country from me. they would probly have to wait until mine gets shipped back to them, then make sure the damage was caused by shipping, then order more rads from champion, then ship it out to me. so i furgure it would be about another 2.5 to 3 weeks until i get another rad. i am getting tired of driving my dad's POS crown vic.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the illegal that boxed it does it the same ****** way every day.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Sorry but could someone decipher this for me?LOL

The Illegal(illegal immigrant that works for $4 an hour) packaged your radiator the same way he packages EVERY radiator.

As far as the pkg saying Fragile, Caution, Handle With Care. That just means "THROW ME" . You should be happy it had none of that non sense written on it

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Brad, you read my mind there!!!! I am kinda nervous now....I hope it arrives in one piece...the way it was intended to!!!

Either way, I am going to keep my head up on this one. I am glad it looks to be a solid build radiator.

I wonder how the deliver guy feels when he drops off that smashed piece of mail, knowing he didn't do it (the handlers did) and he knows the customer is going to be pissed.....kinda one of them don't shoot the messenger things....:dunno.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
The Illegal(illegal immigrant that works for $4 an hour) packaged your radiator the same way he packages EVERY radiator.

As far as the pkg saying Fragile, Caution, Handle With Care. That just means "THROW ME" . You should be happy it had none of that non sense written on it

Thanks Brad. that makes perfect sense now.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My champion rad arrived ok, got mine on eaby too...One mounting flange was a little bent but was an easy fix. It was packaged fairly well considering it came from Cali and I'm on the other coast.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how well you pack things, UPS will figure out a way to break it. I had those suckers break a 1" drive impact gun, and I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled that off :eek: I've personally driven over 2 or 3 of those things and not hurt them

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how well you pack things, UPS will figure out a way to break it. I had those suckers break a 1" drive impact gun, and I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled that off :eek: I've personally driven over 2 or 3 of those things and not hurt them

Damn.:eek:

This rad came Fed Ex i know the are a big company but i am begining not to like them. they are slow and the boxes look trashed when they come out of the truck. we always use UPS and have never had a problem and htey ship fast no matter where they are.