My New All Alluminum Champion Radiator

wmoguy

Reaction score
I cant find these Champion radiator clowns on ebay anymore, not that I would trust em after all this nonsense.
The only thing I see on there now is something for 188 bucks with free shipping, just seems like too good of a deal, might be a piece of *****. Anyone bought one of these yet?
I have been putting off changing mine out and have had it patched on the upper tank a few times but I got a feeling I'm gonna have to change it this summer.

I have one in mine. Its actually a pretty nice unit really! Albeit mine did arrive w/ some of the packaging issues you've read about on here. Overall it's working very well and keeping things cool

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I have one in mine. Its actually a pretty nice unit really! Albeit mine did arrive w/ some of the packaging issues you've read about on here. Overall it's working very well and keeping things cool

Agree. I have mine still sitting in my room in the box. It seems like a really well built solid unit for the price you pay for them. It will go in when the truck gets put back together. Honestly if they could just ship the dam things right it would be a hell of a deal for a radiator. ;Sweet

wmoguy

Reaction score
Agree. I have mine still sitting in my room in the box. It seems like a really well built solid unit for the price you pay for them. It will go in when the truck gets put back together. Honestly if they could just ship the dam things right it would be a hell of a deal for a radiator. ;Sweet

yea i'm still shocked they haven't gotten this under control... :dunno I got lucky, mine only arrive w/ some bent hose barbs for the trans cooler lines. it wasn't too big of a deal to swap them out.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yea i'm still shocked they haven't gotten this under control... :dunno I got lucky, mine only arrive w/ some bent hose barbs for the trans cooler lines. it wasn't too big of a deal to swap them out.

That was the EXACT same issue with mine. I dont even use them.. Just un screwed them and pinched them in a vise to close up the hole and screwed them back on. ;Sweet

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
well they are based in CA. Out of most people here my radiator had to travel the least amount of distance and it still got messed up. But like i said for the price ill take some bent tranny cooler lines that A: unscrew and can be replaced and B: I dont need :)

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to order me one of these radiators. Just not sure who from yet.
I was going to just order the one direct from Champion off of Ebay, but now I may go a different route. The Champion radiators sold on Amazon are sold through Monster Cooling. They are $195 + $24.95 for shipping and handling. If Monster Cooling actually has them in stock and packages them up them selves (properly), this might be a better alternative. Either way it's cheaper going through them.I'm going to call them tomorrow and get the low down.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to contact Monster Cooling; only contact on their web page is a phone number. Called the number, and it says the number has been changed; called the new number and it's the number for Champion Radiators. Guy I talked to was helpful, says they have been adding more packing material, and switched from UPS to Fedex.
So I said screw it and just placed an order from the Ebay add; place called ledfoot racing. I'll just have to wait and see what kind of shape it shows up in...