One of those people

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I am a member on the forum powerstroke.org as well as on here.

the other day a guy asked about a rough running engine.
He gave the info on what his engine was doing and i gave my best educated advice. Needless to say he did not like it.

Here is a link to the thread.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3l-idi-non-powerstroke-diesels/209208-helppppppppppppp.html#post2559551

I sent him a PM telling him what i thought about his edicate. if anybody would like to see what i said i can PM you a copy of it. ( I typed it up in microsoft word) I ripped him a new you know what.

I know this is not the place for this kind of thing but i wanted to get it out here. feel free to move it to a more appropriate place on this site or delete it if you want.

For the record can someone clear up what each color smoke means?

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would u plz send me a copy of pm i want a good laught tonight

1993 f-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what a jerk. Hes the one who asked for help and was wanting someone to take time out of their day to read and reply to his post and then treat them like that?? d bag for sure.. and if im not mistaken blue smoke is a bad ip. my truck would do the same thing and actually do it at idle after getting off the highway for about 20 minutes or so. swapped out ip after hydraulic head finally went out and no more of that.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I am a member on the forum powerstroke.org as well as on here.

the other day a guy asked about a rough running engine.
He gave the info on what his engine was doing and i gave my best educated advice. Needless to say he did not like it.

Here is a link to the thread.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3l-idi-non-powerstroke-diesels/209208-helppppppppppppp.html#post2559551

I sent him a PM telling him what i thought about his edicate. if anybody would like to see what i said i can PM you a copy of it. ( I typed it up in microsoft word) I ripped him a new you know what.

I know this is not the place for this kind of thing but i wanted to get it out here. feel free to move it to a more appropriate place on this site or delete it if you want.

For the record can someone clear up what each color smoke means?

Yes, if getting an irregular burn pattern, blue can be fuel ( black comes from *excess* fuel across the board), and to make things really weird, white can be injection timing, not just coolant.

Like my dear departed Grandmother used to say, there is no excuse for poor manners :backoff Until the internet came around, I never knew that there were so many young people stuck sitting around in their mother's basements with nothing better to do than behave poorly LOL

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my dad's 6.5 GMC recently. Turned out to be the cold advance switch was bad. In that case, those engines won't idle worth crap without them (according to a former GM tech that used to work on them for a living). Replaced the switch and its good as gold now.

But yes, it would misfire, buck and throw copious amounts of BLUE smoke with a brand new injector pump (from the shop where the aforementioned former GM tech now works). It would try to idle, but the more you reved it up, the worse it would get. Eventually it would drive ok as it approached operating temperature.

I'm not sure if our IDIs are quite that sensitive though.

As for the dunce over there, what you have to remember is this forum is probably the most polite of its kind you will EVER find - period. So yes, he is a jerk, but in reality if you go by the stats, we are the freaks - not him. You'd be surprised how quickly other forums fly off the handle after spending so much time on here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Its clear someone doesn't like anyone elses opinions but their own. I enjoy this forum because its active all the time and mostly the answers are great. I'm also on another forum. Its called the ACD Forum. Thats Auburn Cord Duesneberg. I do not get much help over there to my questions on my Cord. I really don't understand why either. Now some of the Duesenbergs if they were for sale are way up there. Nothing lower than probably 3 million will get you a fixer. My Cord will fetch maybe 100,000 if I wanted to sell it. I don't. I do read as much as I can on all the differant ACD forums. Its funny what someone feels something is worth. Many years ago I needed an electrical shifting switch so my car could be driven. I found a guy that had what I needed. He asked me what I had to trade. I responded nothing. So he asked if I had a heater which I did. So he said we could trade. Nope. I'm not trading but I will give you 100.00... Well that didn't fly. I ended up offering 300.00 but he said this..... Your car will never drive down the road without what I have and my car will never be a 100 points show car without your heater so its trade or nothing. Money can't buy what I have.... :eek: You see these cars are so rare that parts are at a premium and money can't buy whats not out there. So I learned that I don't have anything anybody asks about any more. I ended finding the switch and paid that person 100.00 for it. I also made a friend of him to this day. That was around 1977. I hope fellas like this fella go back to the garndmas basements and fire up their macs. Gees... Maybe this was the infamous jasnap from long ago or maybe a realitive....:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online