Pics of my 7.3 IDI Buildup...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
****.... Man that metal is gleaming.... I do question your use of smurf poop on the areas of the head gasket though.... not that it's a a problem but you shouldn't need it.

I remember the days of getting my fingers in an engine at that level... I actually envy you a little... not the cost wise but just getting my hands dirty doing the work... Remember these times... they should be cherished... now you can use my old saying... which is....

I have touched this truck in places you can only dream about...

hee hee...

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "smurf poop" was used in a thin bead around the water passages only. This was Hypermax's recommendation that this be done with their C-ring gasket kit.

Thanks for the complements!

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Man, that is a WICKED build! I have to say, out of everything pictured, I am most impressed with that ******** manifold setup! I always thought about something like that but didn't know if it could be done...question answered. ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. It'll be really interesting to see how this thing runs and how streetable it is. That sure is a huge turbo. I am really impressed you made all those manifolds yourself. Custom turbo system from scratch, really awesome. Also will be interesting to see what it makes on the dyno. How did you get the CR down to 17:1?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice build i like the clean room idea and those manifolds rock where did ya get the flanges? i need one for my setup to be complete

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, if u dont mind me asking, what kinda money is in something like that?? if you would rather not share i understand. Just curious

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go to the album but when i click on the pictures it says they're unavailable:dunno Still looked cool looking at the small pictures though ;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Very nice build. I was surprised to see you werent going to run an intercooler, but I'd imagine with the exhaust manifolds and turbo setup like that, its gonna flow so fast you might not need it anyway. Very nice build though. Makes the engine build for my brown truck look like a 5yr old's soap box derby build. lol

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Very nice build. I was surprised to see you werent going to run an intercooler, but I'd imagine with the exhaust manifolds and turbo setup like that, its gonna flow so fast you might not need it anyway. Very nice build though. Makes the engine build for my brown truck look like a 5yr old's soap box derby build. lol

yea i was surprised too :eek:

lol whenever you compress air it gets hot no matter how quick its moving hahaha LOL

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that is definitely an awesome build! How did you lower your compression and how do plan on starting it once the build is done?

I also noticed you are from Norfolk, you Navy?