Torque screw vs fuel screw?

gadd

Reaction score
I'm looking for an explanation of the function of the torque screw at the back of the pump vs the fuel screw under the cover on the right side of the pump. I've searched, and yes, I've seen the video, " See, ya turn this here screw and ya make smoke". I'm looking for an explanation of the actual function of each adjustment.

Paul

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand is it moves the fuel curve lower so you fuel more at lower rpm's. I backed mine out approx 3/8" to 1/2" and noticed a big improvement. I'm able to build boost much lower in the rpm curve.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
From what I understand is it moves the fuel curve lower so you fuel more at lower rpm's. I backed mine out approx 3/8" to 1/2" and noticed a big improvement. I'm able to build boost much lower in the rpm curve.

I assume you're talking about the torque screw?

Black dawg

Reaction score
fuel screw simply adjusts tension on leaf spring that limits plunger movement. turning the screw in lets the plungers go out farther, letting more fuel in. the torque screw limits how far the metering valve can travel. backing the screw out lets the metering valve move farther (more wide open) letting more fuel to the plungers.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
now hold on i thought that the one facing straight off of the pump was the governer adjustment that you werent supposed to touch and the one at an offset was the torque screw. that picture seems to have them labled backwards.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know that is the torque screw. This pix shows in the lower right corner the other screw, which is just a plug, hard to see, but it don't touch anything. I've got 4 IP's and will check to see if any are different from the one shown here.

Attachments

• DVC01374.JPG
    DVC01374.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DVC01380.JPG
    DVC01380.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 61

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
now that nut that has the springs on either side of it inside the top cover, does anyone know what that does because i went to help someone with one of these trucks and he had turned that nut for some reason and I just had him put it back to stock location because niether of us knew what it did

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so that picture is labelling the correct torque screw? cause i thought it was the one higher up on the pump, i turned that one up (it didnt make any power difference for me) so maybe it is the lower one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online