Getting Really Angry At Snapon..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been online with way too many snapon computer voices and still I can't talk to a real person about getting my mt1480 repaired. One person in Florida told me he thought Sun made the meters for snapon. I'm so tired of listening to "Press 1 for english" and all the other crap just to think maybe I will get to speak with a real person... Hopefully one that has a brain... I wonder if this is a "filter" keeping the mondain jobs to the computer voices routing you back out the way you came in... Its tuff trying to support a product you have paid good money for.....:dunno

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I feel your pain! -cuss I bailed on XM radio for that very reason... What a joke.

Its still better than the ****** behind the Craftsman counter telling you your ratchet was only warranted for the life of the tool and now the tools life is over and they won't exchange it! -cuss Does that make any sense?!

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i don't feel like there will be any luck to be had going that route. Even if they agree to fix it i am sure it will be cost prohibitive, But i will be keeping an eye out.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Most likely it was Sun, It was probably made about 5 miles from my house. That is where snap ons electronics are made currently and it used to be the Sun plant. My cousin worked there about 20 +years ago. They made all kinds of fancy diagnostic machines there.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
That sucks man... As soon as I can get rid of the crap snap on tools that I have I'm not going to own any more of em.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, I feel your pain. I was (and still am) so pissed that this meter is not functional. I'm will likely send mine back to the seller for a refund. I seriously doubt I can get it fixed for any reasonable price.:backoff:mad:

Heath

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I think most, if not all big name manufacturers are going this route now.

Once something is considered obsolete (you know, more than a year oldLOL) no one wants to support it anymore. This is the qualms of a disposable society. That's why Ford no longer wants to sell any parts to us old truck guys. I actually had the parts manager at Codirolli Ford in Livermore laugh at me a few years ago when I asked about a ignition module for an '85 Bronco II (don't ask me why I owned one of those POS'es)

I think it is because of this force obsolescence that ingenius things like Moose pumps and Typ4 cams are born. We are forced to come up with creative solutions for our problems because industry DEPENDS on failure to survive, just think, if everyone kept their old IDI's and drove them for life, Ford would never sell another truck...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Jackpot.... I found the Snapon Repair Shop

Boy what a ride this has been. Snapon did make these meters inhouse. They no longer repair them but... This place does. Northern Repiar Center 3011 East route 176 Crystal Lake Ill. 60014. I talked to the guy that is the only person that has repaired these meters for snapon... I forgot his name so. I have so many phone numbers on my desk pad... I think the phone number is 877-777-4412... This real person told me he might be able to repair this. I told him what was going on with the meters and that there is several others experiancing this same issue. So you guys that are closer to Il than I may want to drop a call to this person that feels he can be of some help... Its sure better than the no help I have been getting all over the place.... Finally some lite at the end of the tunnel and its not a train....:eek::D

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
I hate voice mail systems

When you get the computer voice, try press "0".

Works for me sometimes, worth a shot.

When you get through to a human, sound like you've been there before and be polite.

Hope this helps,

LCjeff

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Oh... I have been very polite. I tell the voices that I have been on the phone for 30 or 60 minutes listening to "please press 1 for englich" and I'm really tired of it. The few real people have been great and they understand. I talk up what I have bought and how much of a time capsul it is and I really want to repair it. I support the product but I need it to work for me.... Give em a little sugar and things go much better... Never get angry with someone on the phone line nor someone making your food... A dropped call or something extrs special in your burger isn't what I require....;Really

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gary-
you only paid $100 plus ship for this item right?
try having paid $2500 for a diagnostic scanner and the yearly updates of $750. two years ago, I was told they weren't supporting the product anymore and was willing to offer a trade-in of $250 for my MT2500 scanner. nope. I'll keep it and put it on the shelf as a paperweight. Back then, I paid $10k for the Snap-On Modis. This will be the last Snap-On diagnostic product I will be buying. Their updates are the slowest in the industry and costly.
You've been in my shop. It's full of Snap-On product. Why? At least the reps show up and both the hand tools and the heavy equipment guys happen to be friends of mime before they got into the business. Otherwise, they would have a hell of a fight just to get in my front door.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Repairing that meter is gonna cost you some big bucks. I send my Snapon TechWrench digital torque wrench in to get calibrated every year and that costs $125. I had an air hammer that had a problem with the valve inside of it and that cost me $75. I seriously could have ebayed a new air hammer for cheaper than that one cost to repair. Watch out Snapon is getting to the point I'm almost ready to stop buying from them.

starmilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAo at least I am not the only one with an expensive MT2500 paperweight with all the worthless accessories too. The updates was what caused me to sloooow way down with snap-on several years.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Repairing that meter is gonna cost you some big bucks. I send my Snapon TechWrench digital torque wrench in to get calibrated every year and that costs $125. I had an air hammer that had a problem with the valve inside of it and that cost me $75. I seriously could have ebayed a new air hammer for cheaper than that one cost to repair. Watch out Snapon is getting to the point I'm almost ready to stop buying from them.
Who ae you going to go to? MAC? Matco? They are even bigger of a joke. At least with the ******* you get from Snap-On you're going to get some customer support. Theirs don't exist whatsoever. I'm in an industrial area and haven't seen a MAC dealer in two years. Matco disappeared two months ago. I owe him for a jump pack so I don't care if he doesn't show up ever.
oh yea.....don't buy Snap-On air tools. IR or CP is the only way to go.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy what a ride this has been. Snapon did make these meters inhouse. They no longer repair them but... This place does. Northern Repiar Center 3011 East route 176 Crystal Lake Ill. 60014. I talked to the guy that is the only person that has repaired these meters for snapon... I forgot his name so. I have so many phone numbers on my desk pad... I think the phone number is 877-777-4412... This real person told me he might be able to repair this. I told him what was going on with the meters and that there is several others experiancing this same issue. So you guys that are closer to Il than I may want to drop a call to this person that feels he can be of some help... Its sure better than the no help I have been getting all over the place.... Finally some lite at the end of the tunnel and its not a train....:eek::D

Dang Gary...! Haven't you learned anything from the last couple weeks? Your supposed to keep that number secret, and tell people that you now are able to fix these meters and that they should just ship them to you for repair. How they get fixed after that is nobody's concern. Don't forget to charge $200 to $400 more than what they actual charged you to fix them. LOL

:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online