So what did you do with your truck today?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced front F250 leaf springs with new F350 springs. Truck sits 2" higher in front.
You must be registered for see images attach

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Went to a tractor show in IL because this equipment had to be moved locations anyway. 6k tractor, 3.7k pull type combine, 4.5k trailer so we'll just call it a 14-15k load on a truck that would have been around 8k with all the people and stuff. Cruising 55MPH: 3rd gear, 2500RPM, 5psi, 750F EGT. Never got above 1000F on EGT and 12 psi. She'll haul the mail!, and get 8.3MPG

She's squatting so bad because A: it is heavy and B: it's got a Dana 60 up front and I haven't put the F350 rear springs with helpers and blocks in yet. Truck is slightly nose proud anyway when empty

Attachments

• IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    582.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    704.8 KB · Views: 36

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Made it 180 miles that way! It was blocked up on the frame on that side and chained excessively

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your son need mirrors??

Funny you say that went to the bone yard to get some. They both came off a brick nose since that what his doors came off of. (for some reason the mirror off his original doors brackets were smaller?) But back to the story. There were only 2 good mirrors rest were beat to H E double hockey sticks. didn't notice until we got home but the brackets were different. LOL one mirror sits higher then the other. I'll try to get a pic later to post.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so best thing i can come up with,is a bad motorcraft sensor right out of the box.there's no reason why it's not staying in spec.
so i'll just grab a TPS locally at the auto parts store tomorrow and see what happens.

and that seemed to be the issue.a bad motorcraft TPS.replaced it with one from orileys (BWD) and she appears to be issue free.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so last weekends camping/hiking trip with my car,i blew an upper radiator hose.i pulled over right by a brook! how convenient was that? was able to get water but what about a hose? when she blew,she blew! a good 4" split right up the hose.well i got looking around and i see i have some shipping box tape (the local post office makes you buy your own there.cheap ******** lol) so i took a look at my GPS and punched in the closest point of interest - car repair and i see iv only got to make it 6 miles to an advanced auto.i was able to call cus the GPS shows the phone number too (thank you tomtom!) and they had one in stock.
so i figured,why not? what i have to loose? so i wrapped it with packing tape 4-6 wraps,run down to the small brook (i did have an empty coolant jug in the trunk) and topped up the rad.left the cap on loose of course so it couldn't build pressure and i didn't even have to stop once to top it up! i bought a roll of duct tape while i was there too.:sly

well anyway why put a story like that in here? because i knew better when i bought the car and changed all the fluids that i should replace the hoses too but i didn't! what a dummy.i knew better too.
so anyway,the purpose of the story;
because it made me take a look at my records for chip truck and sure enough.right on cue.it's been 60k miles.so i hopped on amazon and ordered upper and lower gates hoses.

a little reminder about preventive maintenance.the lack of such could have very well ruined or at least delayed a good camping weekend trip.i sure as hell ain't letting it get me when working the truck.;)

when was the last time you replaced your radiator hoses?
your welcome.:D

Last edited:

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
so last weekends camping/hiking trip with my car,i blew an upper radiator hose.i pulled over right by a brook! how convenient was that? was able to get water but what about a hose? when she blew,she blew! a good 4" split right up the hose.well i got looking around and i see i have some shipping box tape (the local post office makes you buy your own there.cheap ******** lol) so i took a look at my GPS and punched in the closest point of interest - car repair and i see iv only got to make it 6 miles to an advanced auto.i was able to call cus the GPS shows the phone number too (thank you tomtom!) and they had one in stock.
so i figured,why not? what i have to loose? so i wrapped it with packing tape 4-6 wraps,run down to the small brook (i did have an empty coolant jug in the trunk) and topped up the rad.left the cap on loose of course so it couldn't build pressure and i didn't even have to stop once to top it up! i bought a roll of duct tape while i was there too.:sly

well anyway why put a story like that in here? because i knew better when i bought the car and changed all the fluids that i should replace the hoses too but i didn't! what a dummy.i knew better too.
so anyway,the purpose of the story;
because it made me take a look at my records for chip truck and sure enough.right on cue.it's been 60k miles.so i hopped on amazon and ordered upper and lower gates hoses.

a little reminder about preventive maintenance.the lack of such could have very well ruined or at least delayed a good camping weekend trip.i sure as hell ain't letting it get me when working the truck.;)

when was the last time you replaced your radiator hoses?
your welcome.:D
I can relate to this. Last 2 Times I've been sitting on the side of the road waiting for a ride. :rolleyes:
All Because I skipped buying a set of hoses. Now that's one of the first things I do new coolant and hoses.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spent 20 minutes running extension cords out to the truck with no results from the truck
and many trips back and forth from the reset button on the wall:mad:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and that seemed to be the issue.a bad motorcraft TPS.replaced it with one from orileys (BWD) and she appears to be issue free.

wrong again!
ok this one kicked my ass and i admit it.:D

so today the same thing eventually happens.i got thinking,the ground to the tps goes through the pack connector and up to TPS.then finally i got another clue; od button not canceling OD.
well when i altered my transgo plate for firmer shifts (still going to enlarge them a little bit more) i removed the solenoid pack to insure it met the transgo instruction (it did/no need to drill holes) cus i installed a new one and didn't check it at that time......well anyway,i must have gotten the connector dirty.DOH im such a fool lmao! so cleaned it up and she's running like new.wish the damn OD light would have blinked and help with a code,but oh no.that would have made it too easy.:rolleyes:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well when i altered my transgo plate for firmer shifts (still going to enlarge them a little bit more) i removed the solenoid pack to insure it met the transgo instruction (it did/no need to drill holes) cus i installed a new one and didn't check it at that time......well anyway,i must have gotten the connector dirty.DOH im such a fool lmao!

correct!
well 3rd times the charm.she's like brand new again all day.who wrote that tech article anyway about the importance of a clean E4OD harness? :rotflmao

so since she was purring like a kitten,and i finally got to fully enjoy the new moose (holy mother man i love this thing!) what happens next?
i drive back home to dump a load of wood,drop off the stump grinder and pick up the wood chipper and head out to the next job with an empty truck......i don't make it 1/10th of a mile and she starts pulling to the right and smoking......burning rubber.....flat tire?.......nope.the shock tower broke off and the shock was rubbing the tire.back up in the driveway and remove the shock and head out to the next job.
i guess she wanted to tease me a little bit for running her with a dirty trans connector for a few days.:D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil and filter and new fuel filter..check.

Add in adapter for trailer, plugs into factory harness with flat 4 pin plug....check

Check speedo cable ..check...no speedo so must be either cable gear or one i trans

Grease all I can grease...check

Re-wire oil pressure sending unit and a couple small connectors...check.

Now to i spect rear brakez...

Started removing D60 front axle from the White Rhino...not much left and it roll out and be prepped for under the SC

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I fueled mine up with the cheapest fuel I have seen in a long while

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 62

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had the leaky injector replaced (it came apart when removed). Truck doesn't idle quite as smooth now with 1 new injector and 7 originals. But other than that it seems fine.

Also had a bad tach sensor and egt sensor replaced. And, had 3 new gauges/sensors added (coolant temp, oil temp, and oil pressure).

You must be registered for see images attach