So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maday maday!!!! :D

i took log truck out today and filled her up with some green,red oak.on the way home i hear this; slap,slap,slap,slap,thud,thud,slap,slap and looked back and see some of my inner rear tire flying apart! hahahaha
i was about 30 miles out.so pull over to take a look and sure enough,the tire is coming apart.old age i guess.i suppose i should replace them all.i blew a front one back along and replaced the one.the other old 5 should get changed out.i can't recall the date on the tires now but i better have another look.
so much tread.i hate to toss 'em but what ya gunna do.they came with the truck.the guy i bought it from didn't use it much.
anyway,i limped her home nice and easy around 30-35mph.she made it nearly 10 miles out when she finally blew.i just drove 'er around 30 for the last 10 miles.
always something.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the more costly lessons I learned about replacing factory designs with "other parts". This is the result of replacing 1987 "factory" bucket seats with 2005 factory bucket seats. The newer seats are taller which allows them to contact the windshield. Sometimes when you're in a hurry, the seat hits the windshield with sufficient force to create a void in your wallet!
You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh...ouch. Never thought about that. The head rest was hard enough to do that?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! I think the original seat design automatically releases the seat back first which folds down prior to seat base hinging forward. Just received a $300.00 reminder not to do that again!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I got a safelite quote of like 225 to do mine because I wasn't sure how the trim clips work. I feel your pain.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$265.00 + 6% PA sales tax = $280.90
Took truck to same body shop that did the paint because I didn't trust the glass company to remove & reinstall sunvisor. Also had body shop replace all of the door window gaskets and bought new rear view mirror. Body Shop charged an additional $80.00 for their work. Bought gaskets from LMC

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body Shop was extremely reasonable price......
Next, on the schedule is to have all the windows professionally tinted then I'm done for a while (I hope)!

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Loaded 83 and 85 engines for scrap.
Stole ip/lines/injectors and left the rest.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Finished rebuilding a steel flatbed and mounted it on the Slug. Also made one of the ratchet winch plates, welded it on, and mounted the first of 3 ratchet strap winches. Now i need to figure out the tail lights...

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well I betrayed the Idi community yesterday.
You must be registered for see images
I bought a 12valve to swap in the 86 later this year or next. Had to do something though 10mpg just wasn't cuttin it and I really couldn't tow anything either lol.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

catodd

Reaction score
Finally performed 3G alternator conversion.

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I surveyed the damage from the blow out. (Darn thing gutted my drivers side inside fender filler necks air lines everything :/ ) put on the spare. She looks kinda funny standing on one leg.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Well, I've been working on a push pad yesterday and today, guess what ugly, crusty, rusty truck's been asked to step in for a World Of Outlaws push truck on the 28th??? :sly

Just have to finish some welds, plasma out the stainless sheeting, and bolt it all up, then lights later this week. ;Sweet

here we go

Last edited:

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to fetch parts to fix the 6.8 in my Excursion. Ford and their flawed aluminum head design, repairing the 3rd blown out spark plug so far. I have owned the Cal Van repair kit for 6 years now and it certainly paid for itself. I can now do the job in about an hour. The part that really stinks is that every time it happens it destroys a coil pack at $55 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk