American made heater core???

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edfing 93 spit a heatercore!
Before I go hunting my *** off anyone know a vendor of usa made product?
Thanks in advance!
Cb

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding one made here in the states. My guess would be to try your local ford dealership.
Wouldn't trust a PnP. With used heater cores, your swapping out junk for another piece of junk.
You could also have your stock heater core rebuilt by a rad shop if you don't want to buy the cheapies at local parts stores.
I can honestly say I've had great luck with Azones China heater core while others haven't. Lifetime warranty tho & it takes me all of 15 minutes to change one out in my truck.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Amazon, I ran into them on Amazon a year or two ago, but don't remember what they fit.

I think I bought all the old OEM heater cores off of Ebay, all 6 of them I had are sold.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanx boys
Yea I be a fearing a trip to china is in my future.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your heater core aluminum and are you running HD coolant with the high pH of 11.0 with no tolytriazole?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if this stuff is caustic ' whats next up on the list?
This was recomended here .

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dillon precision!

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a radiator shop.i can't buy a USA made heater or heater core. A new core is made in Mexico :(

The Chinese aluminum one I put in my truck 3 yrs ago does fine

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American or Chinese aluminum still follow the properties of science. Aluminum submerged in a pH above 9.0 begins corroding. Sodium molybdate will slow it down, tolytriazole will tie up the copper that will plate to it and bore holes through it. That's all you can do with it. Heater cores and radiators are cheaper than cylinder sleeves, that's why coolant is made to protect the cylinder sleeves first. Heads and aluminum blocks are extremely thick, so it takes a long time but the thin cores on radiators and heater cores will always go first. Egr coolers especially as there is a massive heat load there.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running same Azone cheap **** aluminum heater core for years and it's been fine. Running fleet charge in system. Having said that, you are probably right with what you have to say Shawn. Guess it just depends on how thick the aluminum is.
It will probably let go one of these days but who cares with a lifetime warranty & ease of doing job. Also have ball valves on the hoses under hood so if it does fail, I can shut off coolant supply to core & keep on trucking!