1994 Dana 60 "conversion kit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SRW balljoint high pinion Dana 60 conversion kit. if you have a TTB 4wd F250 leaf spring truck, and want to upgrade to a solid front axle Dana 60, this kit is for you. everything necessary for the changeover is included. I've done many of these changeovers and know what is necessary to make this job happen without the needless searching for the last nut/bolt/bracket. if you need a detailed listing of what's included, ask here. known defect on the axle is the inner axle seal on the passenger side is leaking.
entire kit cost? $1800.
shipping extra.

Attachments

• SL374956.JPG
    SL374956.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 76
  • SL374957.JPG
    SL374957.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 74
  • SL374958.JPG
    SL374958.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 82

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! You can buy whole trucks w/60's in them for less than that around here. Good luck with the sale though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! You can buy whole trucks w/60's in them for less than that around here. Good luck with the sale though.

i've personally seen OH winter vehicles. there's no comparison to kali. in OH, you will need a torch to cut off the bolts in suspension parts, whereas kali hardware can be reused. thanks for looking at least!

sootman73

Reaction score
this is true, no way your taking an entire axle out without breaking out the torch!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BUMP
this is the for the entire assembly that you need to put in a D60 where a D44 or D50 used to live at including the drive shaft and the yoke from the transfer case. the driveshaft is sized for a E4DOA trans.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Try and FIND that yoke anywheres else!!

I drove around for a year with my ZF in the truck and no front shaft because I couldn't locate a yoke for the double cardan joint in the front shaft.

And NO, the F250 shaft will not properly work in a ZF conversion becasue the angles are too steep.

However in an E4OD setup, I ran teh front driveshaft from a D50 setup on the D60 without a problem for over a year.

Hell, I'd pay 1800 for a rust free setup like that Calvin, but unfortunatly it would look pretty stupid in my soccer mom SUV LOL.

Changing the inner seals is a fairly labour intensive job, but it don't cost CRAP! I think I done both inner seals on my D60 for $9?

Both tires, brakes, hubs, spindles and axle shafts need to come out, the tie rod needs to be dropped from one side and the cover needs to come off the front. Remoce the carrier main caps and pull teh carrier out...then pop the two seals out, put the new ones in and bob's your uncle.

So anyone who thinks it's a big cost and tries to knock the price down because of that is now informed. It's not expensive and can be done in 2 hours at home BEFORE you put the axle in the truck!!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A front 5 speed dana 50 drive shaft works fine if you flip it around so the skinny end is by the t case.

Florida 60s arnt to bad, if pay a little to be able to easily unbolt stuff though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin do you wanna trade for my d50¿ Lol :)
ummmmm......
no. a nice try though.
one more addition to the list. the oem lifting block(s) to level out the rear of the truck. otherwise you will have a "nose high" attitude.

Attachments

• SL377142.JPG
    SL377142.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 57
  • SL377141.JPG
    SL377141.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 64

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Will keep in this mind. If you still have it when I finish saving up the money here I will grab it from you. Like mentioned, whats the ratio?

Ive been saving to do a d60 swap but I only have about the money for the axle itself, so still waiting to save the rest up.

So hopefully you still have it here soon. Id probably drive down or meet you most of the way or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86