Need to find and install a 7 blade trailer plug

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a 7 blade trailer plug with the correct wiring harnes for my '93 F250? I can find the 7 blade plug anywhere, but I'm not seeing anything that goes back before '97 on the wireing harnesses. I currently have a 6 pin plug that was on the truck when I got it, but I need to swap it out, or add in a 7 blade so that I can pull a travel trailer.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I already have a 6 pin round connector on the truck, and it already has a brake controller wired in. I've never used it, and will need to make sure that it works before I go cruzing down the highway with a camper or loaded trailer.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just get a converter...they make them that plug right in and convert it...the only difference is a charging wire for the camper, so you can charge if while towing off the tow vehicles charging system. If that isn't important, then a converter would be fine. I have a couple that convert my 7 spade, one to a 6 and one to a 4. I now only install the Hoppy ones that have the 7 spade and 4 prong side by side.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pollak makes a nice metal 7-pole plug for on the truck. That's what I use I got sick of braking the cheep plastic ones.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a converter...they make them that plug right in and convert it...the only difference is a charging wire for the camper, so you can charge if while towing off the tow vehicles charging system. If that isn't important, then a converter would be fine. I have a couple that convert my 7 spade, one to a 6 and one to a 4. I now only install the Hoppy ones that have the 7 spade and 4 prong side by side.

I've seen a lot of 7 pin to 6 pin adapters, but I've looked for 3 years and haven's seen a 6 pin to 7 pin converter.

I'll do a search on Pollak and see if they still make it one for my truck.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just buy the plug and wire it myself. I just cut into the wiring harness and add the wires I need. ON the truck I had now I had to remove the previous owners scotch locks I HATE THEM STUPID THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean one of these? Nothing fits like factory....

You must be registered for see images attach

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean one of these? Nothing fits like factory....

Yeah, that looks like the one :) Now I know what to search for :)

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched for the part on ebay with no luck. Also searched for it on amazon with no luck, but ones very similar to it were almost $150. I don't think I'm going to spend that much for one. I can buy a junction box and the connector for $35 and hardwire it in. Factory would have been nice though.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I just buy the plug and wire it myself. I just cut into the wiring harness and add the wires I need. ON the truck I had now I had to remove the previous owners scotch locks I HATE THEM STUPID THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they like to rot the wires backwards,,about to the firewall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao

sassyrel

Reaction score
Searched for the part on ebay with no luck. Also searched for it on amazon with no luck, but ones very similar to it were almost $150. I don't think I'm going to spend that much for one. I can buy a junction box and the connector for $35 and hardwire it in. Factory would have been nice though.

time to go salvage yard hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You looking for something like this? Only thing is you don't have the 12v+ wire for charging a battery or for interior lights on a trailer.