Start Here
Second Update
Third Update
Fourth Update
Fifth Update
Sixth Update
Seventh Update
Eighth Update

I decided to move forward while waiting on the Moose pump and Moose injectors. I figured it'd be better to get the 6.9 back in the truck and install the Moose stuff when they get here. That way, I can continue working on the intercooler install as the parts should be here this week.

I went a head and installed the Banks wastegated turbo. I rewrapped the turbine inlet as the previous wrap was cut in a few placed during engine removal. The "how to" and complete photos are in the first rendition of this project HERE. Gotta install the glow plug harness and the throttle/cruise control cables at the time of the turbo install as those run under a heat shield behind the intake manifold and would be a huge PITA to do with the engine in the truck.
You must be registered for see images

The South Bend Clutch SMF kit with a balanced flywheel (done with the rest of the rotating assembly) was installed. The bolts need 47 ft/lbs of torque and thread sealer. The flywheel and pressure plate were clean with BrakeKleen to remove any oil/residue. The 13 inch disk was installed under the pressure plate. The pressure plate bolts need 25 ft/lbs.

The engine was wrangled into the truck and the motor mounts bolted down.

Once the intercooler and Moose stuff get here, it should move right along. Will bolt the trans to the engine next weekend along with the US Gear underdrive and T-case. The I'll start getting the front clip back on and it's intercooler/York on-board air time.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited:

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad its all coming together for you, that thing should be a smooottthhhhh running machine. Hope she lasts 300-400+

Oh and lovin those 466 parts... I cant wait for your DT project to come together.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I can't wait to see and feel the difference the balancing made. Once I get the 6.9 finished, I can actually start getting some things going on the DT466 project. All my project time, money, and efforts have been used on the crew cab for the past two winters. The DT needs a little love too.:D

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife called me and let me know that my intercooler and intake hat have both arrived at the house!:love:

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i may have missed it but what kind of intercooler set up are you looking to do. i am thinking of trying to get one set up before my big pull to the rally and am toying with the idea of a water intercooler.

keep the pics coming!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Jared, Heath went with the psd intercooler.

Looking good doc! Just might get to see that imaginary camper yet. :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i may have missed it but what kind of intercooler set up are you looking to do. i am thinking of trying to get one set up before my big pull to the rally and am toying with the idea of a water intercooler.

keep the pics coming!
Yup, Ron beat me to it. I bought a '99-'03 7.3 PSD intercooler. Going to use a Factory turbo/ATS intake hat. Need to take some measures and order up some 3 inch aluminum pipe and some silicone boots for the plumbing.;Sweet

One word...

-Drool

;Sweet
Thanks Justin. It's coming along.:D

Looking good doc! Just might get to see that imaginary camper yet. :D
I'll imaginary your teeth with my steel toed Justins.:backoff
LOL:rotflmao

Keep up the great work ;Sweet
Thanks man. I hope to have it ready for a test drive in a few more weeks.

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
keep track for me i might follow in your footsteps since i also have a factory set up, heck even better just order 2 of everything while you are at.LOL