Bronco Diesel Swap

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Well Its been done for a while now but I figured Id get some pics up anyways.

Heres some Befores:
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres a vid of her messin round out in the woods with the old gas motor and auto tranny:
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/Bigbroncotom/?action=view&current=BoatPull.mp4
HAHA listen to what I say at the endLOL
PS, I didnt just leave the boat there, I pulled it down the road an draged it onto my buddies trailer an to the junk yard. I F'n HATE :backoff when when stupid sumbiches dump **** like that out where I like to play, It ruins things for those of us who like to enjoy places like that responsibly, cause thats one of the exuses the law likes to use to shut them down.

After the Dana 70HD swap:

OK now for the topic at hand:

The Donor Truck. Picked it up for $550, 126k miles, guy had just had a brand new IP, Starter, fuel lift pump, Injector return lines, fuel filter, etc. installed and couldnt get it to run! ( replaced Frayed stater wire arcing to block, and bled fuel system and it fired rite up!)

Heres what I got from the swap:

What do you think of my awsome fab shop? Its made with all natural "green" materials.:rotflmao

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Continued:

Old 351w, NP435, NP205 out, Getting ready for new 7.3idi, zf5, BW1356 to go in:

Fillin in the big ******** in the K-member where the oil filter used to go and welding it to the frame rails for strength:

Diesel coming out of the donor:

Goin in the Bronco:

First Fire:
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/Bigbroncotom/?action=view&current=004-2.flv

Swapped complete 250 wiring harness, dash, instrument cluster:

Her maiden voyage:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
First time fillin er up with diesel at a gas station, I still love the looks I get when I roll up to the diesel pump in a bronco.

Finally got the wheel spacers so I could mount up the 9x16 powerkings:

The afters:

The only video I have after the swap, eventually Ill get some good video, I wanna get some video of me wheel standing her so ppl will believe Me!!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/Bigbroncotom/?action=view&current=BroncoDonuts.mp4

This weekend the plan is to swap this high pinion, king pin dana 60 outa this 86 f350 into her to complete her transformation. ;Sweet

Also the rest of this truck is being parted out and everything is still available(minus engine and front end). Comblete set of Nice aluminum rims with 5 90% tires, hydro dump bed, interior, cab, etc.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Obviously you plan to use it pretty hard. Welding up the oil filter hole was a little over the top, but maybe you use reverse a lot harder than I do. ;Sweet

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Looks good! Obviously you plan to use it pretty hard. Welding up the oil filter hole was a little over the top, but maybe you use reverse a lot harder than I do. ;Sweet

Thanks, haha yea I like to have some fun with my rig. lol Howd you get around welding up that hole? The top front bolt for the engine mount plate is right over that. did you just not bolt the plate in that location?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
that's cool, i respect the work, and no offense, but a stacked, dually, diesel, lifted bronco is by the the most hillbilly redneck think i have ever seen in my life!!! :rotflmao:rotflmao good job! ;Sweet

-Jon :D

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondered what happened with this.. saw it here (IIRC) what a year ago,or better?

Not my cup of tea, but Kudos none the less.. You got her did fo' sho'!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy mother of christ......
FL DOT's must be blind, deaf and dumb to let you get away with putting a f350 on a tow dolly.
I gotta give you credit though.....you trully do live the motto "the impossible only takes a little longer";Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I left the hole empty on my setup. Im not going to do any sled pulling with it and I think that the jerking that my come from wheelin will be on the other side...hence the "reverse" coment.

I would rock it...after I cut off the stacks though.

SWS

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
(FC MODE/ON) You from the South, aintcha boy? A dually diesel Bronco with stacks... Sheeit, I reckon I done seen everything now. Better gitcha suma them tall tar's if ya wanna go play in the pluff mud with them other yayhoo's, cause ye gonna gitcher ass stuck good wit them lil'lole bitty thangs... (Fla. ******* MODE/OFF)
Amazing build Tom, we out of the box thinkers take a lot of heat sometimes. Not being a stacks man myself (personal preference) I think I wiould have dug around and tried to find a set of those old Hush-Thrush running board pipes. I haven't seen any since the late 70's but I still think they're cool.
On a different note, Are you going to come to the mini-meet in New Port Richey on the 24th. and show that beast off?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... did you just not bolt the plate in that location?

Correct. Just use the other 3 bolts. The motor pushes down on this location when accelerating, and is not pulling up, so there is plenty of support. As Seawalker said. I'm not sure if there is any penalty to all the welding you did otherwise. The front crossmember is litterally the keel of these ships, and if you've ever tried to get one out, you know how good they are put in. Probably overkill also. Like the others, I would have to say that it would definitely NOT be legal in PA on several different counts, so I'm actually enjoying the fact that you can get away with this. You have freedom brother I will never know. :hail

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, that thing took a TON of work! And as a representative of the hicks of the North, other than the duals, I like it!

And I understand your way of thinking, BIG time! I once dated me a Florida gal - born and bred - and she LOVED my big ugly trucks and getting dirty. By getting dirty, I mean she liked the mud, well, anyway... Nice Bronco!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online