Wicked Wheel

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Just got it today plan on installing it tonight or in the Morn.. Hope it does like they say and eliminate the Turbo Flutter

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had the stock turbo I installed a WW in it. It helped it out. Nothing huge but it was improved.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting one. I don't really have any "flutter or surge" to speak of. I just want the withel.

You going to pull the turbo or do the ol screw driver trick?

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Well I got it installed...Hell there it was pretty easy to do with out pulling the Turbo..the biggest pair was removing the E-clip from the Wastegate...Pain in the ***!!!! The rest was a breeze..

They should rename this thing the Whistle Wheel..kinda cool if I'm the only one in the truck...but I don't really care for it with others in the truck.I haven't put a real load behind it yet so I'm not sure what it will do???

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did not do much of anything for me. Maybe it will for you? I hear ya on the noise. With the single shot injectors and BB turbo mine can get a little annoying on long drives:mad:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
It did not do much of anything for me. Maybe it will for you? I hear ya on the noise. With the single shot injectors and BB turbo mine can get a little annoying on long drives:mad:

what are you....old??? Turn it up or turn it off

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I have an early 99 and love the way it whistles... the wicked wheel is really nothing more than an early 99 wheel... It has finally cooled off enough to were I can run my truck with the windows down... man I missed how much more you can hear with the windows open... I'm on and off throttle the whole time so I can listen to it.

I love to hear it whine...

but if your not into the whine then it can get annoying.. I have read that if you wrap the drivers side intercooler pipe all the way up that it helps to deaden the noise...

I don't know if yours is already done but if not then that is one thing to do.. then you can also get the Excursion sound proofing stuff to add to the interior of the cab to kill the rest of the noise....

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
I'm not disapointed with the whistle..Its cool...I'm just not sure if I like it all the time..

Well my WW seems to have lost a little boost ??? but all in all I like it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7