Whats this?

rhythim

Reaction score
Racor offers a sensor as an add on and I have considered seeing if I could hook that to the factory system, but its not really important enough for me to get to yet.

I put one of those in my truck when I installed the Racor W/S. It's doable, but not a straight plug-and-play into the factory harness. The sensor shorts to ground for a 1-second bulb check when power is applied, then constantly if it detects water. The idiot light on the dash requires a 12v feed to light up. I basically use the sensor to ground the coil side of a standard Bosch relay, which then lets 12v pass through to the warning light.

I think it's terribly overpriced for what it is, but my OCD keeps me up at night if little BS things like that don't work right.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

5 oclock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry getting back to this... how does it due what it does? When the truck was running the wait light would come on...then turn off. It never said there was water in the fuel.. where does this go in conjunction with the water fuel separator? This sat free of anything. Meaning how is it detecting anything by its lone some...or was it working at?

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry getting back to this... how does it due what it does? When the truck was running the wait light would come on...then turn off. It never said there was water in the fuel.. where does this go in conjunction with the water fuel separator? This sat free of anything. Meaning how is it detecting anything by its lone some...or was it working at?

This screws into the water separator to the rear of the pull ring and turns on the water in fuel light. The wait to start light is for glowplugs cycling. Below is a couple pics showing the contacts sticking up and then installed in the truck with the connector attached. If you truck doesn't have the stock separator anymore odds are there is nothing to set the water in fuel light.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach