What is involved in converting a deuce to a tanker?

Reaction score
I really want a deuce tanker for hauling fuel. But they are selling for way more than I can pay and I doubt that will change. So, I have a good truck (Bert) now that needs only a paint job and a little throttle work. Everything else on the truck is in good shape and it runs nice. What kind of real world cost am I looking at and are there any details or issues that I should consider before taking this on? I was planning on piecing together civilian parts here and there until I had everything I need to pump in and out and haul fuel. This is not for a business but I do want to comply with any codes or laws pertaining to such a vehicle.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Getcha a couple of those slide in tanks and a pump module.Do like the military does.Make a tanker in a cargo truck.This way it is removeable if you ever want your bed back.

Reaction score
Some one else suggested that and I think it sounds like a good idea. I did not think of it before. Would I not have to cut holes in the bed though?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Nope.No holes.Gravity holds the tanks in place.The pump module goes between the tanks and hose just goes over the side when used.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I bet you can find one of those G.I. fuel sleds at a surplus sale, already rigged up.
Then all you would have to do is set it in the bed when needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online