volvo diesel

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
the car im going trade for
85 volvo 760gle inline 6 turbo diesel auto
what do i need to know about its ins and outs and whats bad and its fixes and what mods could i do thanks guys

Last edited:

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently found a 84 Volvo 760 diesel that I'm going to look at tomorrow. It looks like we are in the same boat!;Sweet

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I recently found a 84 Volvo 760 diesel that I'm going to look at tomorrow. It looks like we are in the same boat!;Sweet

www.volvoforums.org they know there stuff
from what i gather they have a oil starvation problem but the fix for that is fill it a qt over full and it wont have any problems
right now im in the process of replacing the injection pump belt and going to time the pump because the pump belt broke and it is being a real pain stripped out a bolt and got it out this evening :thumbsup: but now to get the belt on and get the correct tension on the belt i have to loosen the pump bracket mounted to the engine block and i cant get 2 -cuss-cuss bolts lossend up so tomrrow ive got re think my plan and get some more tools over to my house from work
if you need and help feel free to ask im in the process of learning but i might be able to help you out
the engine is made by volkswagon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
We've got an email loop over on yahoo groups just for diesel volvos right here Have quite a few of the procedures from the green manuals uploaded to the files section there as well. Been playing with those critters for years.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
yes and running good went to go to work reversed out the drive way and put in drive and no go so i figured that a trans wasnt worth it for the car so i sold it for 400 bucks oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online