trucks that arnt made any more

DBogo

Reaction score
of you dont mind my asking where is that because theres a show like that right in my town

camara

Reaction score
Making someone a custom pair of Cement Shoes
The Antique Truck Club of New England has a show every year in Hudson MA at the Hudson Elks Park usually right around the 12th of August. I think it is the 14th this year. We had about 200 antique trucks registered last year.

Attachments

• PICT0185.JPG
    PICT0185.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0186.JPG
    PICT0186.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT0188.JPG
    PICT0188.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0190.JPG
    PICT0190.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0189.JPG
    PICT0189.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 15

DBogo

Reaction score
we got a show just like that in ballston spa ny that the hudson mohawk chapter of the historical truck society mine was there last year the 70 chevy pickup

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That red OshKosh is so damn cool lookin'. Wow, that's a real truck there! :)

I don't know if I already told you guys this, but there's a REO service & repair shop near me. Guy that owns it is a big REO guy, has like 20 Reo tri-axle dumps for hauling.

He told me last fall that the whole REO name & some of the dies & machines were for sale for $4 million bucks. I asked him if he was thinking about buying it and he said they were asking too much. He said if the price was right he'd buy the rights to the company and start making REOs in his warehouse, handbuilding them one at a time.

If it took off, he'd expand. He's got some money, so maybe it'll happen.

dego_red

Reaction score
DBogo, depending on what year that Hayes COE is, I may have built it. I worked for Hayes Trucks in Vancouver B.C. from 1971 to 1974 on the cab over line. It was the best and most fun job I ever had. :thumbsup:

red

DBogo

Reaction score
im not sure what year that hayes cab over was but what happened to hayes why did they go out of business

dego_red

Reaction score
Well. At the time I was there, Hayes was owned by Mack Trucks. Hayes had been building various trucks for over 50 years. There was the Clipper 100 that is what the Safeway truck was, the Clipper100 COE that had the Mack cab, the HD that was a on/off highway logger, and the HDX that was and still is an off highway logging truck. Hayes had never had a labour strike, but in 1974 they did. The strike lasted I think about 3-4 months. Shortly after they went back to work Peterbuilt and PACCAR bought Mack out and not much after that PACCAR closed the production plant for good. Towards the end there were a few Hay-Pete's built using the Peterbuilt cab over. All the conventional cabs were hand built in our own cab shop.

red

DBogo

Reaction score
well thats too bad they went belly up does anyone know anything about those pacific trucks or what happened to marmon

DirtFarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roland_Jenkins said:
While not a big rig, I like the old Mercury pickup's http://www.mercurypickup.com/

Mercury pickups!?!?!?! How could I have never heard of them? Some of those on the web site aren't that old!!!! They appear to be rebadged Fords so maybe if I saw one on the street I'd think it was a Ford, but I'm really suprised that I've never even heard of them!

Also, Duke is right - Studebaker made some extremely neat looking pickups. I really liked the looks of those.

Mark

Sbrem

Reaction score
DirtFarmer said:
Mercury pickups!?!?!?! How could I have never heard of them? Some of those on the web site aren't that old!!!! They appear to be rebadged Fords so maybe if I saw one on the street I'd think it was a Ford, but I'm really suprised that I've never even heard of them!

Also, Duke is right - Studebaker made some extremely neat looking pickups. I really liked the looks of those.

Mark

I think they may have been a Canada only thing.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark,

Studebaker isn't really all that far gone. I think they made trucks into the mid-60's. There's a local guy around here that still uses one. They looked a little like IH pickups from the 60's.

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
How bout a Hayes??

Attachments

• mac_blo_hayes2.jpg
    mac_blo_hayes2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 41
  • bighayes.jpg
    bighayes.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 44
  • biggerhayes.jpg
    biggerhayes.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 49

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
DBogo said:
well thats too bad they went belly up does anyone know anything about those pacific trucks or what happened to marmon

About two or three weeks ago I saw the last Marmom ever made at a Pilot here in Florida, had a matching trailer behind it that said (If my CRS is not kickin to much) "You are about to pass a piece of history, the LAST MARMON truck ever built".

The trailer and truck were both painted green, the trailer was covered in sponsor ads and the tractor had some more wording on the hood and doors. Neat looking truck, I am sorry to see them go.

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
heres a 1934 side valve v8 ford blitz wagon i own
we still use it when logging somtimes
notice how us aussies reStore our trucks "MAD MAX STYLE"

Attachments

• 34blitz.JPG
    34blitz.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Forum statistics