Pics of local pulls>>CUMMINS WALKED AWAYWITH THE WIN!

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:love: I figured i'd post up some pics from the local pulls, the street stock class was won by an 06 ram 2500 ...by about 75ft, they had to shut the guy down because he was pulling the sled into the pit area ;Sweet
in the super mod class, once again dodge walked away with the win. even the powerstrokes had CUMMINS powerplats :rotflmao go figure, common sense was running rampant at least.
heres some pics, my camera battery was dying to please excuse some of the quality.
You must be registered for see images attach

^^gasser, but a powerwagon nonetheless :Sly

^^^cummins powered F250 :rotflmao

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

^^^^ :hail :hail :hail :hail

Splash

Reaction score
Hey that is a nice Dodge in the last two shots but the ones in the middle are kinda blurry. I was wondering is it better to a reg single rear wheel or a dually for drags, I would guess a dually would allow you more grip to get going faster but not sure. I have only seen a few drags on tv and of course pictures. Thanks for the nice shots of the one dodge though. :)

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was always told that dually's will get less traction due to the weight distribution on the rear tires, however, i saw a dually 06 ram haul the sled into the pit area whereas the single rear wheelers werent even touching the 300ft mark. if your drag racing on pavement the dually will have less traction, theres not as much weight on each tire, seen that personaly, if your pulling, i say go dually, the weight of the sled pulls the rear of the truck down so your not actually spinning the tires, you have 4 tires out back grabbing traction.
pics are blurry cuz my batteries were dying. i have about 50 blurry pics. pissed me off when i uploaded them.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
We could argue for hours about the Dually traction issue, drive one for a year and then get your own opinion ;Sweet My DRW open rear end sticks at least as well as my SRW LSD given the same tires and surface.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've driven both....for a long time. why would it have to be an argument...why not a discussion.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duallys were designed to haul heavier loads, therefore the 2 extra wheels in the back distribute the weight out, so theres not as much weight on each tire....the tires are skinnier, with less weight on them.....less traction. now being in front of a sled, theres so much weight on the sled it wouldnt matter if you had 15" wide tires or 6" wide tires, youll get the traction no matter what.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would have to add that just as in a drag car, more footprint makes a difference as well. The type of tire and all would make a huge difference. I have a 1987 that would not go anywhere. I could spin the single rear tires at will with 3.55 and then couldn't keep them from spinning with the 4.10's. Added duals, never had a problem. I would get stuck with single rear wheels in wet grass, open diff etc., one side would just sit and spin, even at idle.

And as I mentioned, if drag racing, with all else being equal, a 10 inch wide tire will always get more grip than a 9 inch, even though the weight is spread out over a wider footprint.

At our local pulls, a Dodge Dually ALWAYS won the stock class (Cummins of course) and it got to be so bad, they no longer allow them to run the stock class and have a DRW stock class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online